Another - Should i get it thread :)

Last Updated:

1. davix8

davix8 Member This Topic's Starter

So, i live in Italy and am waiting for the nexus one to be officially be available here; i've been part of this forum for a long time and i have seen all of the bugs and hate threads...

The info i have recovered about the nexus one coming to italy and europe is the following: It will cost A LOT to get it unlocked here (around 700 euros) so i thought of going for the two year contract.
    The nexus one will be offered by vodafone and the word around the web is that it will be here in april.

Looking around i found that the "leaked" german price for the cellphone with contract will be of 149euros with 50 or more per month, i hope it will be the same here in italy. so i ask, considering everything in general: Should i get this phone? or will there be something better and "affordable" by the time it gets here? thoughts? thx :D

Advertisement
  2. davix8

davix8 Member This Topic's Starter

101 views and no answers D: i feel lonely now.

3. scottyinco

scottyinco Member

it's really a matter of what you feel comfortable paying. :)

4. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

I dunno, do what I did and order from a country from which it's officially available? Paid no more than $577 for mine including delivery cost, and I live in one of the countries where Google doesn't want to ship to.

5. dren

dren Well-Known Member

Usually a phone is outdated within 6 months of it coming out because then there's a better one out. Fact is, whatever you're paying at launch if the 'hype' price. The price they set because they know people will pay just about anything to get the phone because it's so awesome. Wait a year and the phone has been cut down half price or it's been discontinued and no longer manufactured. I'm one of those people who buy the latest thing at launch and overpay for it.... But I think you're going to have to answer your own question here, unfortunately. :(

6. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

get it if you want it... if you're not sure, don't buy it.... pretty simple