• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Silent Call Victim

iowabowtech

root@android:/ #
May 2, 2010
Iowa|USA
I've been trying really hard to keep passing off the little bugs and glitches but the silent call hitting my DI seriously has me thinking about a return. It happened 3 times in a row and true to form, a battery pull stopped the problem...for now.

I have 2 days left to decide. I'd like to ask for a new one altogether, but I doubt they'll give me one at BB unless I can replicate the issue. I'm worried about this phone making it 2 years and I don't really know if I'd be better off with a new one anyway unless they had a bad early batch which would be purely speculation IMO.

Going back to Blackberry just seems so unmoving. Iphone is completely out of the question because Iowa has like 1% of the state that's covered by AT&T. Screwed. Any thoughts or advice? Whatever the case, I need to get off my tail and make a decision quickly.

OP, use something like http://appbrain.com to sync your app list.

List all your installed programs as a start. I'll bet you installed something, or used something to think you were killing a program or there might be other programs that have a bad history.

Worth a shot, right?

edit: since you pulled the battery and it then worked, chances are it was modification that you made. I'm just saying.... "chances are...." If you have a program like ATK installed, we can probably get this resolved very quickly :)

Reactions: undeclared
Upvote 0
Well, I am hereby committed to the Incredible. Went to BB on Saturday and got a new one due to callers not being able to hear me during calls. Was kinda surprised they had one actually. Now my 30 days is officially up but with a new unit so I'm hoping for the best.

I did notice the software build on this phone was one number higher than my previous one but so far, I'm not seeing any glaring differences in the options so maybe it just included the update from about a month ago, IDK.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones