• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another update - 10.4.4.20

Dave L

Apr 30, 2010
Thailand
Just checked for updates and I have notification of 10.4.4.20

Just downloading. Anyone know what the update fixes?

Guess ill find out soon enough.

Edit: the info displayed when installing was just to say the update improves stability. So not really any wiser just know that its updated.

I downloaded it also yesterday.
But overnight it powered itself down. In the morning, I held the power button down for 10-12 seconds and it re-started.
Is this something that will continue to happen?

Hi,

Strangely enough I was the opposite. I had been getting that shutting itself down thing occasionally before this update. Its obviously too early to tell yet but up to now its not happened since the update.

Upvote 0
Changelog:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/11/08/download-transformer-pad-infinity-updated-to-v10-4-4-20-and-heres-the-changelog/ said:
TF700T JB v10.4.4.20 Release Note

Wi-Fi Direct

• Fine-tune Wi-Fi Direct connection behavior.

Camera

• Fix the issue that in certain “aspect ratio” and “picture size” photos, the pixel dimension of picture would be different if taken in landscape and portrait mode.

Settings

• Fix the issue that, during HDMI output, the output screen will get cropped after user chooses “HDMI” item in “Settings.”
  • Fix the issue that there will be no items in HDMI setting page when output via HDMI Fix the issue that the screen may flicker when rotate the pad after adjust brightness bar in “Settings.”
Wi-Fi

• Fix the issue that when user keeps on turning on/off Wi-Fi, sometimes it will stick in the “Turning Wi-Fi on… ” status for a while

Bluetooth

• Improve Bluetooth compatibility.
App Backup

• Fix the issue that it still shows backup success when user removes SD card during the backup process when App Backup is backing up applications to SD card.
Sound Recorder

• Fix the issue that the file recorded via Sound Recorder cannot be played after inserted in Supernote.

Browser

• Fix the issue that typing English after Chinese with Zuyin IME in the input field of Browser would cause what had been typed garbled.

3rd Party App

• 高德導航Upgrade to 5.1.8001.0033.0033-20121010 (CN SKU only).
  • MyCloud Upgrade to 0.9.115.1493.
  • Polaris Upgrade to 3.5_5r14741FV06.
  • Remove掌上百度 (CN SKU only).

Quite a few people over at XDA are reporting problems, but most are saying this is a (seemingly) better update overall. Of course, most people had a gripe with the way that the browser performed, over anything else, so that may be their only gauge. however, Praetorian made an interesting post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33752092&postcount=71

So, it seems hit or miss again.

Regardless, I'm going for it. My Infinity really has no issues.

Upvote 0
so I mentioned previously that jelly bean resulted in a major boost in the speaker volume; this update seems to slightly reduce the max volume though it is still much better than with ics. I am curious if it really was the jelly bean upate that improved the speakers (did anyone notice the same?) or something else.

Upvote 0
the change log is useful and I see it mentions an update of polaris office which came pre-installed on my infiinity.

I can't seem to find the version number on my copy (the changelog list says its 3.5) and it doesn;t work well with numerous bigs and inaccuracies when taking in word or sheet documents.

any idea where I can check the version number?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones