1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Another update - 10.4.4.20General

1. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Just checked for updates and I have notification of 10.4.4.20

Just downloading. Anyone know what the update fixes?

Guess ill find out soon enough.

Edit: the info displayed when installing was just to say the update improves stability. So not really any wiser just know that its updated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. snuggles

snuggles Well-Known Member

3. sporttrac986

sporttrac986 Well-Known Member

I downloaded it also yesterday.
    But overnight it powered itself down. In the morning, I held the power button down for 10-12 seconds and it re-started.
    Is this something that will continue to happen?
  4. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Hi,

Strangely enough I was the opposite. I had been getting that shutting itself down thing occasionally before this update. Its obviously too early to tell yet but up to now its not happened since the update.
  5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I'm applying it in a few minutes. But, before I do, I'm scouring to make sure, though, that it is not another bad update - I expect to lose root, but I've already planned for that. But if something else is amiss, I'm waiting.
  6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Changelog:

Quite a few people over at XDA are reporting problems, but most are saying this is a (seemingly) better update overall. Of course, most people had a gripe with the way that the browser performed, over anything else, so that may be their only gauge. however, Praetorian made an interesting post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=33752092&postcount=71

So, it seems hit or miss again.

Regardless, I'm going for it. My Infinity really has no issues.
    ocnbrze, kickbutkuss and TexasBadger like this.
  7. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

so I mentioned previously that jelly bean resulted in a major boost in the speaker volume; this update seems to slightly reduce the max volume though it is still much better than with ics. I am curious if it really was the jelly bean upate that improved the speakers (did anyone notice the same?) or something else.
  8. Grumh

Grumh New Member

the change log is useful and I see it mentions an update of polaris office which came pre-installed on my infiinity.

I can't seem to find the version number on my copy (the changelog list says its 3.5) and it doesn;t work well with numerous bigs and inaccuracies when taking in word or sheet documents.

any idea where I can check the version number?
  9. actechnician

actechnician New Member

Open Polaris office touch settings then general settings.