• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Update after 2.1

Z3US

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
...HOME...:P
Hello guyz i just got updated my phone again and i can't find what has been updated.I already updated it before to 2.1.And now when when i connected my phn to my laptop pc comp. showed another update...and i don't know what is in that update..:(

Anyone else got that...???

Reactions: AdY
when is x10 getting a 2.2 update or higher??? any news

also... am i up to date??? let me know please...

295ybv8.png

Upvote 0
Okay, I deleted my original messaging app by mistake and after trying various methods went to SEUS. That took care of it but also upgraded it. 24; now I lost rooting of course.

Should I just wait until rooting becomes available for this? I would like to be able to use TB and get rid of some bloatware.

Thanks much. :)

Hey Charlyee how you doing!? Just seen this a couple of posts down which might help

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/254097-new-rooting-method-2-1-updated-2-0-2-0-24-9-01-2011-a.html#post2114403

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
aha, rosered to the rescue, I should have looked sorry about that.All done and doing very well now that everything works well. :)

Thank you very much.
also, if you reroot and find you delete something from the original system - try this link for the original apps

2.1 System Apps/Framwork | 2.0.2.A.0.24 | - In Case You've Deleted Them... - xda-developers

wanted Track ID for some music that was on CSI:NY last night, found it in there
Thank you very much MrWomble, this will come in useful the next time I get delete happy. :D

PS: My hot pink case fell apart and now I put the black one on. My Sultry Sony is now Serious Sony. Lol

Upvote 0
Hi guys, sorry but can you help me with this?

I'm on .504 and have rooted using Z4 root. I have Titanium Backup. To get .24 do I need to to reset my phone back to factory, update to .24 then use one of the methods above to root again?

Thanks guys,

You will have to unroot and update, then to re-root you will have to use the above methods since Z4 won't work anymore

Upvote 0
I've been given mixed advice regarding the need to unroot prior to updating to .24.

So, after repeated failed attempts to update with both SE PC Companion and SE Update Service (the process would get to within a MB of downloading the update and then just stall with both applications, although my rooter would be still flickering away), I decided to back up everything via Titanium, reset the phone to factory, and try the update again.

Same result.

Checked my firewall settings to see if that was causing the issue, but both applications are set up to allow bi-directional access to my PC.

Gave up in the end and flashed 'back' to .504, rooted etc.

What a nightmare...

Upvote 0
Hello guyz i just got updated my phone again and i can't find what has been updated.I already updated it before to 2.1.And now when when i connected my phn to my laptop pc comp. showed another update...and i don't know what is in that update..:(

Anyone else got that...???

my advice do not install the update cause u r not going to use the root any more, i did update for my X10i doing well but i lost the root even i tried several types of App. but I got nothing. Now I'm waiting for any new root App.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones