Answer Button Rather than SwipeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am so sick of having my phone ring while it is in my pocket and then when I go to take it out of my pocket to check and see who it is it ends up answering the call because it swipes down.

Anyone have any good suggestions or apps that make it so this won't happen? Please.

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

You only have to swipe if the phone is locked. You could configure your phone to not lock, but I have a feeling you'd run into the same problem. You'd pull your phone out of your pocket and bump the answer button or the ignore button in the process.

3. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

You may be able to change it by trying a third party lock screen. Not 100% sure on this though.

4. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Every third party lock screen I've looked at doesn't seem to change it. I found this application called "Easy Answer" (Easy Answer Button - Android app on AppBrain) that I might try over the weekend to see if it fixes the problem.

Any other information would be appreciated if anyone has found a way to fix this "problem".

5. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

I'm really not a fan of the "swipe to answer" thing. I'd rather have to unlock it before I could answer if I had to pick one way or the other. If you find a way to stop that crap, I'd love to know how.

My other phone answering issue is that I carry the phone on a holster during work hours and sometimes when I pull it out, the spring clip on the holster catches the power button, sending the call to voicemail. This really pisses me off because I think it's rude as hell to not listen to someone's VM, if they leave one, before I call them back, so I have to wait.