• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"answer call" slider is sideways

odhinn

Jan 28, 2010
Had my N1 do something odd the other day and keep doing it for several days, thought I'd share.

Whenever anyone would call, whether my phone was in landscape or portrait orientation, the round ends of the "drag to answer" slider would be off by 90 degrees. e.g. phone is on its side, the end round bits of the slider would be pointing up towards the long edge of the phone rather than towards the other end of the slider. End result is you end up with and "answer" and "hang up" images on the slider looking like a "U" because it's disconnected from the rest of the UI.

Very odd looking.

Power cycled my phone and it's working normally so far.

Had my N1 do something odd the other day and keep doing it for several days, thought I'd share.

Whenever anyone would call, whether my phone was in landscape or portrait orientation, the round ends of the "drag to answer" slider would be off by 90 degrees. e.g. phone is on its side, the end round bits of the slider would be pointing up towards the long edge of the phone rather than towards the other end of the slider. End result is you end up with and "answer" and "hang up" images on the slider looking like a "U" because it's disconnected from the rest of the UI.

Very odd looking.

Power cycled my phone and it's working normally so far.

That is very odd. I haven't had that happen to me yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones