Answer/end call by shaking?

Last Updated:

1. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody know whether it would be possible to configure the Evo (or add an app) to answer an incoming call by shaking the phone? For example, a down-up chopping motion? This would help when answering the phone with gloves, because it has no physical buttons.

Advertisement
  2. Delvorak

Delvorak Member

I don't know about the shaking thing, but, the new Touch chips that they have in the Evo is supposed to support using gloves, fingernails and stylus. Search the googles for Atmel MaxTouch and watch the videos, it looks pretty awesome. In one vid, they even use a skiing MITTEN, and it recognizes the touches.

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

2 things.

1. the maxtouch capacitive screen actually does work with gloves, there is another thread with a video proving it which is pretty damn sweet :)

2. yes i wouldn't see why not, there is already an app where you shake the phone to ignore an incoming call so i don't see why not

4. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

I'm still sceptic on this, I have seen the maxtouch videos but I can't find a video of the HTC Incredible working with gloves, it's clearly a way better touch screen but I want to see it actually work on a shipping device.

5. gibsonhtp

gibsonhtp Well-Known Member

Same here, I have not had any real conformation on the gloves / fingernail / stylus. I was asking in the incredible forums and on different sites with those that have gotten the incredible early and have not heard back yet.

6. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

... the incred was just released... give it a week or so and you will start seein it

7. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Not to say one way or another (since I don't have an Incredible or any inside info), but it is also possible that the touch screen used in the Evo/Incredible is not the same one as those hybrid finger/sylus screens. I haven't been able to tell if they used that tech in this model of screen or if it has been implemented via software. The company does make that type of touch screen but until there are tests, there is a good chance that this just works with finger input. It would be great to have both but chances are that company makes multiple versions of touch screens.

8. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

they are neo in the press release that was released by htc it said they were

9. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

@neodorian,

they are that type of touch screen, in the HTC release that announced it they said they looking forward to working with their screen, i'm not sure if they make more than one (wouldn't see the point) but i do think some of it is software so that is a possibility... we'll see soon enough, keep spamming the incredible thread to ask the early recievers for a test of this

10. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Do you know, I believe I remember someone discussing a stylus in one of the many Evo videos around. Perhaps I'm crazy, but that memory (true or false) did spring to mind.

11. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

Its in the video about the new screen that the evo will have and the guy mentioned that it would work with gloves on your hand or even a stylus.

12. neodorian

They make a screen that does that but nobody said that this is the same screen used in the Evo nor did they say if the software would be in place to allow that. It still remains to be seen.

13. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

14. neodorian

I'm at work so forgive me if I am missing something in the video. All I meant was that they are using Atmel to make their screens but I never saw anything that said "The Evo 4G will work with a stylus or a gloved finger as well as a bare finger".

I would absolutely love it if this was the case but I worry about wishful thinking. Until I see that kind of feature in use and fully implemented, I think it may be something that Atmel has on some screen models or maybe something that can be implemented with the proper software.

This is the kind of thing I would love to be proven wrong about since I would love that kind of screen :D

15. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

:)I know that it's all speculation at this point, so you are correct in that.

16. zaaye

zaaye Well-Known Member

Yea, you are right. I think they say look for the worst and hope for the best uh?

17. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

hahahaha...sorry, but read the title of the thread and just tried to picture shaking my phone to answer a call in my car and it not quite looking right from the vantage point of people driving next to me...ROFLMAO.