1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Answer incoming call on lockscreen

Last Updated:

1. arfanvilla

arfanvilla Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I am looking for a lockscreen replacement that most importantly gives the option to answer calls without using the slidey swipey thingy. Maybe just a answer call button.

I have tried goto - that was cool, but still had the swipe to answer. Also i tried screen suite, but that thing didn't replace the home lock screen for some reason. Can you sugget any others you might be using or know of? thanks.

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

maybe try 'widgetlocker' and add a shortcut to the phone app to the lockscreen?

arfanvilla likes this.
  3. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Active Member

I'm thinking WidgetLocker as well. There is even an option to not display anything but the lockscreen even when there's an incoming call so it sounds like it would fit the bill.

A word of caution if you're running Launcher Pro though - WL and LP didn't play nicely for me and I've heard of others having problems as well.

arfanvilla likes this.
  4. arfanvilla

I cannot see widget locker on the market - i am using a SE x10. I've tried the barcode scanner on android lib - does anyone have a barcode?

5. CarsnGadgets

arfanvilla likes this.
  6. arfanvilla

Unfortunatly, widgetlocker requires 2.1 or 2.2, my x10 is on 1.6 booooooo. Any other apps u can recommend?

7. CarsnGadgets

oh... sorry :0(

8. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

And another thread that has been moved to this section that would be better of in the general section of the forum... Why?

Sorry OP I cant help you :(

9. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

i use lock2.0

10. arfanvilla

thanks shauny, but the same for lock2.0 unfortunatly. any other suggestions?

11. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

The lock screen and the incoming call screen are completely different screens and require completely different methods to replace.

myLock Phone Tools and Tedds Droid Tools are two apps I know of that replace the incoming call screen.

Another option might be some of the caller id apps as it seems they would replace the call screen too, though they might just put an overlay on top of it.

[Edit] And to clarify, WidgetLocker does not replace the incoming call screen. It can however appear on top of it, but provides no method of answering the call directly from WidgetLocker[/edit]

arfanvilla likes this.
  12. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

I am recently using an app called No Lock. So far I am loving not having a lock screen at all.

13. arfanvilla

Cheers i used tedds droid tools. it puts buttons over the top of the incaming call screen. One issue with it though is that it takes a few seconds for the answer call buttons to appear, but it does the job - so thanks. A bit crappy looking buttons though, hope they improve it soon - i might have a word with the dev.

14. stiffler

stiffler Active Member

15. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Active Member

Yeah, it seems my LauncherPro Plus 0.8.1.0 is the source of the problems - not WidgetLocker.

Kind of annoying that the search on Market can't figure out that a search for "Widget Locker" would be better showing the result for "WidgetLocker" than showing zero results - this *is* Google after all.

16. starfarer

starfarer Member

Long time looking for as OP but would like to answer with the press of trackball on my nexus.