Answering calls while playing musicGeneral

Last Updated:

1. kmblygrn

kmblygrn New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I am really happy with my Droid Eris, but there is one exception. I listen to Pandora on my phone almost daily at work. I have a radio that has an audio input so I connect my phone and play it through the radio. The problem is when someone calls me. I usually don't answer and call them right back from the work line, but sometimes, like today, I get frustrated and I want to answer the cell. First, if I don't disconnect the headphone jack the person calling cannot hear me. Second, if I disconnect it and take the call as soon as the call disconnects the music starts and it is usually blaring!!! This happened today and I was so embarrassed when the song 'Broken Wings' by Mr. Mister went blaring and about 30 people could hear it and the phone was not responding to turn it off!!! I really hope someone can help me with this issue.
    Thanks, Kim

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Err, they should still hear you if the jack is plugged in. The internal mic is still enabled if its a regular headphone jack. At least, that's what it SUPPOSED to do. You might need to hold the phone closer to your mouth though so it doesn't filter it out as background noise.

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a huge issue, as it is operating by design. When the call disconnects, it will resume whatever it was previously doing (ie music). And if you had the "Media" volume maxed out while it was plugged in, it will remain maxed out when you unplug it when you hang up. So you just need to be mindful of that.

It not responding when your trying to stop it is probably typical lag that occurs in the stock firmware, and you really can't do much about that except for rooting the phone and installing something like xtrSense.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

[​IMG]

4. kmblygrn

Thanks for the reply. I plan to do some testing with it this weekend at home. But I have tried to answer it and not unplug it and I cannot them and they cannot hear me so it is a definite issue. The only thing I think of is to ask the caller to hold and go in and turn down the media volume or stop the Pandora app, which I have 2 issues doing that, first it is not very professional if it is a business call and then, honestly, I might forget. I really want to enjoy ALL the benefits of this phone and I really don't think it should be this difficult and cause me stress...I don't need anymore of that for sure.

I have thought of rooting the phone...for no reason in particular. I am not sure it would address this issue though.

5. kmblygrn

FYI....husband just called and I answered it, without unplugging it twice, and he cannot hear me and I cannot hear him. I was holding the phone like normal. Thanks.