Answering delayedSupport

Last Updated:

1. amagab

amagab Member

When I answer the phone, it takes a second before it really connects. I usually answer "Hello....!" but I've noticed the person on the other end doesn't hear me the first time so I have to say it again. I've never had this problem with any of my previous phones (and I've had a lot).

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yea I've seen that a few times with the last 3 phones I've owned, not all the time but its there every now and then...

What I've also been seeing a lot of is a delay when I make a phone call it takes longer then usual for the call to connect and ring the person I'm calling. Weird!

I'm on at&t and Verizon, and only see it with my at&t devices!
  3. amagab

amagab Member

I'm on T-Mobile but have been on AT&T as well. I've never experienced it before on any of my 6 Android phones or the two iPhones and the Lumia 920. The LG Nexus 4 is the first phone I'm noticing this on. I'm so used to it being instant. Now I have to learn to pause before greeting the caller.
  4. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

That happended all the time on my N1 on T-Mo and it's still happening on the N4. I'm used to it by now.
  5. amagab

amagab Member

From that I take it that it's not LGs fault. So is it linked to stock Android on Nexus devices? This is my first Nexus.
  6. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

It's either Nexus, T-Mo or a coincidence that happens on the same carrier so often, I perceive it to be all the time. Like I call an at&t phone from T-Mo. How does that work anyway? Is there some kind of pairing of networks? Perhaps the delay is in the handoff?

Don't flame me! I'm a newb and have no clue how that works.
  7. amagab

amagab Member

For me, it happens on every call, no matter which provider the caller is with. If it was a T-Mobile problem, I should have noticed it in the past. I've been with T-Mobile/Voicestream for 14 years and this is the first time I'm experiencing it.
  8. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

You lot must be hitting the green button and getting the phone to your ear pretty quick!

The only time I notice a delay is when connected to the car's Bluetooth.
  9. amagab

amagab Member

I slide it to the right and bring it to my ear. Not any faster than previous phones. I'm starting to get into the habit of waiting 1-2 seconds before greeting the caller and it seems to work.
  10. Jahmakan

Jahmakan Well-Known Member

There is definitely a delay because I notice the same issue coming from a Galaxy S3 that does not do the same thing.