• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lotus49

Android Expert
May 9, 2011
Yorkshire
I am a cyclist and I have an S4 which is currently running stock rooted 4.2 (pre Knox).

I shan't be installing any more stock ROMs because of Knox but I understand that Cyanogenmod based on 4.3 for the S4 is now out and I'm thinking of upgrading. My only real reason for doing so is that I had understood that 4.3 would support ANT+ devices (e.g. a heart rate monitor).

My simple question is, does it? Have you used an ANT+ HRM with 4.3? I'd like to hear your experiences if you have.

I am a cyclist and I have an S4 which is currently running stock rooted 4.2 (pre Knox).

I shan't be installing any more stock ROMs because of Knox but I understand that Cyanogenmod based on 4.3 for the S4 is now out and I'm thinking of upgrading. My only real reason for doing so is that I had understood that 4.3 would support ANT+ devices (e.g. a heart rate monitor).

My simple question is, does it? Have you used an ANT+ HRM with 4.3? I'd like to hear your experiences if you have.

Yes it does work. I have connected my Garmin ANT+ heart strap to S Health and it works.

John

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones