antenna update!!

Last Updated:

1. ghettosmurf60

ghettosmurf60 Active Member This Topic's Starter

so iv been following the directions at JONAMERICA . (awesome btw) and idk if im dumb or somethin but at step 4 on the rooted phone portion it says to "Press and hold volume down and the power button to boot into HBoot" i do that and it jsut goes into the clock work recovery thingy? any help here? i already tried to update and i got the new droid boot animation but the antenna is still at v1.xxxx

Advertisement
  2. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

You have to be unrooted in order to flash the leaked OTA, aka the radio upgrade.

3. ghettosmurf60

thats what im trying to do, install the PB31IMG.zip file

4. vandeec5

vandeec5 Well-Known Member

Make sure your memory card is formated to FAT32
    Put PB31IMG.ZIP onto your SD Card
    Shut off your phone
    Hold volume down and power to boot into Hboot and release buttons
    Should read your PB31IMG.ZIP and prompt you to update

Make sure your releasing the button once you see the hboot?

Tony5104 likes this.
  5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

is your card fat 32 format?

6. greysight

greysight Well-Known Member

Ok I am gonna take a chance and sound stupid but I want to know. Has the official update been released yet? And do I need to unroot to see the available update on my phone. I know there have been speculation about the release date....but I read on one site it came out a few days ago....is that correct?

7. jgalvar

jgalvar Active Member

not trying to high jack but I'm having similar problems...how can you tell if your card is fat32 format?

8. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

plug phone into computer in disk drive mode and click on the sd card in my computer and it tell you at the bottom or right click on the sd drive and click properties

jgalvar likes this.
  9. ghettosmurf60

Ahhh. So its in fat format (fat16) how do I convert it???

10. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

you can format it from the SD Card settings on your phone, or from your Windows machine when mounted in Windows. Also note this has to do with your radio file version and not your "antenna"

11. jgalvar

jgalvar Active Member

mine is fat 32... i followed JONAMERICA tut. as well but after I get back to stock, put the update.zip on the sd, and enter hboot to recovery I get an error saying something about a cache error then I choose the update.zip file any way and it seems to load then I get "signature not valid or something". I used the same .zip file and unroot file from JONAMERICAs tutorial...any help would be great

12. vzw+google+htc=:)

vzw+google+htc=:) Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with this. I was using firefox and Alzip to download and save the file on my computer and using 3 different memory cards.

So, I decided to download the file straight from from this site(jonamericas) to my phone in the download file. Next, I mounted phone to computer by choosing the disk drive icon and made sure I had debugging selected too. Then, I transferred the file from the internal storage to the sd card in the phone and this finally worked for me.

I noticed by doing it this way the file size was 22.4mb and every time I tried to go from computer to phone the file size was 22.3mb

Maybe this would work for you and others. Also, I checked with Astro app that the file was named update.zip. If you push and hold down the the file update, a box will pop up as file options, choose edit, then rename file will show it as update.zip and if it shows up update.zip.zip just erase the last .zip and and accept the new name as update.zip

jgalvar likes this.