Anti-fingerprint Screen Protector (WHICH IS BEST?!)Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a screen protector that has NO fingerprints. The Steinheil AF was way too blurry and I'm using the Zagg Invisoshiled now, but it feels weird, isn't too smooth, and fingerprints are noticeable.

Thanks,
    Ruben

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Geez, Ruby... you are so freaking demanding. No pleasing you. ;) I kid. I kid!!

3. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No...trust me. I am. I need something with no fingerprints. They drive me insane!

4. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

I tried & hated Zagg on both my LG Versa & Moto Droid.
    Personally, I monitored all of the "screen protector" threads on this site until I found what I thought was exactly what I wanted.
    I went with the Boxwave Anti-glare/fingerprint protector and absolutely love it. As they state on their site, it is the perfect cross of scratch resistance + anti-glare/fingerprint + screen clarity. I also like that it covers 99.9% of the entire phone face (glass) instead of just the screen.
    Honestly though, I believe that most of all these style protectors are almost equally "anti". . . the ones to look out for are the cheap ones. The "anti" coating seems to be just that, a coating & the cheap ones seem to come off pretty easily . . . if you spend a little more, chances are (not guaranteed) that you'll be happier with the product.
    Btw, none of these (to my knowledge) are 100% "anti", but definitely worth it IMO.

Ruben likes this.
  5. Nurseferatu

Nurseferatu Well-Known Member

I've had issues trying to apply screen protectors without ANY particles, dust, bubbles, etc. Of course, bubbles due to air can be pressed out to the edges. The worst ones are due to one or two dust particles I didn't see. I have tried:

Wearing sterile, powder-free gloves and working on a sterile field.
    Applying the protector in a humid, turbulence-free room (to prevent dust in the air).
    Spraying lens-cleaning fluid on the screen and wiping with a dust-free microfiber cloth.
    Wearing a bright headlamp and using a magnifying glass to inspect for elusive particles.
    After the protector is applied, using tweezers to try to remove any particles I missed.

Right now my screen protector is on and it's perfect. But I expect I might have to apply a new one at some point.
    Anyone else have any tips for perfect screen protector application?

Thanks.

6. cpirner

cpirner Member

If you have some dust you can peel back the protector using scotch tape to lift the protector then use another piece of scotch tape to pick up the dust from the screen or back of the protector. Then just lay it back down and pull the tape off the protector.

I have had good luck clearing a stray particle or two. A steamy environment works to keep from introducing more dust during the process.

I think this works best with the stiffer protectors like the Steinheil CL which I use and love.

7. nfotiu

nfotiu Well-Known Member

I am a pretty big fan of the Boxwave anti-glare. It does make white screens look a little sparkly, but the benefits outweigh the downsides. Anti-glare is great outside.