Anti-glare or clear screen protector?General

Last Updated:

1. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't find any posts that actually have comparison pictures. I've read reviews but need to see physical evidence that one is better then the other. I'm annoyed with the constant finger prints whipping, so I'd imagine that anti-glare would be the preferred choice. Then again I don't know what the contrast will look like afterward. This is my dilemma :confused:

Advertisement
  2. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

I ordered the Lexmar one, and it sucked ass. I peeled it off. It's flimsy, and didn't lay properly. Yes i did it properly, I install about 3-4 film screens a day on ipod touches and iPhones. I'm going back to my theory of cutting one of those down to fit my eris.

3. OXM_Chase

I was actually talking about the clearview or boxwave ones

4. boxwave

boxwave New Member

Our anti-glare has a matte finish that diffuses light, but at the same time reduces the clarity. Our crystal is extremely clear. I will try to post up a picture of both~

5. rdalev

rdalev Well-Known Member

Had the anti-glare installed at Verizon the day I bought the phone, looked cool , but hard to see screen in sunlight. Used it this way for a month, then bought clear screen protectors from Verizon....................believe me, you'd rather have the Clear protectors, colors pop better !:eek:

6. homerjrules

homerjrules Well-Known Member

Yeah i had the anti-glare on mine and it made the screen look like it was an old projection tv all sparkly looking. It's butt necked for the time being.

7. cevMkV

cevMkV Well-Known Member

i stopped using a screen cover completely. after seeing videos of how scratch resistant our screens are i feel that there is no reason to use them.

8. zachfishman

zachfishman Member

9. dbzeris

dbzeris Active Member

I'm currently using the clear Clarivue screen protector and I'm very pleased with it. Very similar to the Boxwave, but less expensive. It ships with two screen protectors. The protector adheres using static and does not peel up easily. It covers the screen completely except for the area next to the ear piece where the proximity sensor is located. It has a very stiff feel to it, but is barely noticeable after installation. Installation is simple and there was less of a problem with dust or other debris during installation than say with the ones that require using a solution. I previously had one of the Bodygaurdz screen protectors and was not very satisfied with it. It had the orange peel look to it, reduced visibility, and installed using a solution. If I'm not mistaken, there is a post in the Moto Droid forum with a Clarivue review and also a discussion of anti-glare vs. clear.

10. OXM_Chase

I bought the clarivue antiglare and its alright. Definitely not bubble free like advertised but i got it to work. I lost a bit of brightness but i turned it up and it looks fine. Wish I didn't need a screen protector at all cause I don't trust going bare.

11. iheotp

iheotp Well-Known Member

find someone who uses clear shield on cars.that is the best screen protector you can use.it is a little tough cutting it precise but it works awesome

12. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

@Boxwave,

I like your site, but do you hav stuff for the Eris?

13. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member

14. ssick92

ssick92 Well-Known Member

I use the boxwave anti glare. I have had it for a couple of weeks now and I love it. I used to have one of them for my ipod touch about a year ago, I loved the antiglare factor then too.

Just turn up the brightness a little on the phone and it looks normal.

15. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member

The descriptions that boxwave and homerjrules provided are both accurate for the Boxwave Clearview Anti-Glare protector. I previously had the anti-glare version and currently have the Crystal (clear) Boxwave ClearView. You can search for my previous posts in this forum for the full reviews. I traded off very very good fingerprint resistance for a much clearer screen. I tried to take pictures of what the haziness and sparkling looked like but my camera, a Canon SD850, could not capture what my eyes saw. Boxwave did have excellent customer service and refunded me when I was not happy with the Anti-Glare protector and switched to the Crystal protector.

16. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Well-Known Member

Has anyone at all had an issue with their screen protector shrinking??
    I bought a pack of 5 for about $3 so I'm not about to complain but after a month of use my screen protector loses maybe a quarter of an inch and doesn't cover the whole screen anymore. It's pretty annoying because at the same time, after a month all of the bubbles disappear and all the friction goes away so it's as if there's nothing on the screen at all (that part I love).

If you're curious, I got em from Overstock.com and the brand is EZguardz

17. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

I tried ScreenGuardz and hated them. The one that came with my otterbox was ok, but marked very easily, so I am looking for something else too.

18. irod87

irod87 Banned

19. jdailey1981

jdailey1981 Well-Known Member

My problem is mine gets dust under them. They are perfect going on but it is like they lift or something and dust getting in and don't know.why

20. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the one that came with my otterbox commuter. It fits well, It cleans easily, and lets your finger slide a lot smoother over the screen. I havent had any problems withit. Seems to stay cleaner longer than the screen with nothing on it too...finger prints dont get as bad as quickly

21. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member

im running no screen protector. Love the feel of it. I had the smartphone experts screen protectors (anti glare) and they were ok. Didnt seal all the way around the edges because Im assuming it is too thick. It looked alright but nothing beats the look of a naked screen. IMO.

22. karib

karib Well-Known Member

I use the boxwave crystal clear and LOVE it! It feels really smooth and fits perfectly and doesn't affect the touch sensitivity. No spray required for installation of this screen protector. I hightly recommend it. I just couldn't risk the screen getting all scratched up unnecessarily.