Anti-Glare without the speckling?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I got the phantomskinz matte finish, but it makes the screen so speckled that it looks like my eyes have something in them.

What is the best anti-glare screen protector that doesnt speckle the screen.

Also you guys could make this a picture thread posting all ur anti-glare protectors so that everyone can see what they look like on the phone.

Thanks.

P.S. Once i get a few replies, i'll put up a poll so we can just vote.

Advertisement
  2. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

3. SystemsLock

SystemsLock Active Member

Can't wait!

4. hajabooja

hajabooja Well-Known Member

While I think Steinheil does make the best screen protectors, the Anti-Fingerprint still have that speckling that you are talking about. I ordered a set of the A/F and a set of the Crystal. The A/F really reduces the quality of the picture, which is very unfortunate considering the resolution of these phones.

5. SystemsLock

SystemsLock Active Member

Yeah but is it actually reducing the quality or is it just having an anti-aliasing effect.

You think you could provide up with pictures/video?

6. hajabooja

hajabooja Well-Known Member

7. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

i would go with steinheil crystal. waiting for them to be in stock.

8. her0n

her0n Member

The iphone anti glare / matte protector is perfect, so it must be possible to make them for other phones without pixellating the screen.

9. jjfitz0

jjfitz0 Well-Known Member

Which brand is that?

I currently have the Clairvue Anti-glare on my Incredible, but it has the same problem with blurring and speckling the screen (I'll try to take some pics after work) far more than I expected it to. I had a DLO protector on my iPod Touch's screen and it had a great blend of anti-glare/fingerprint and clarity without burring the screen. Granted, it probably didn't reduce glare as much as these that are touted as specifically being anti-glare (I don't think the DLO was called anti-glare) but I thought it met in the middle and I loved it.

10. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

I have the Steinheil anti-fingerprint/anti-glare, and can say they too have this 'speckled' problem on white back grounds. It is bad enough that it starts to strain my eyes after a few minutes. I just wish someone would come out with a good matte finish screen. This would allow for easy Swyping and help cut the glare, when compared to the clear screens.

11. cmram12

cmram12 Active Member

I've used the Boxwave AF/AG and the Steinheil AF/AG and the Boxwave had a ridiculous speckled effect. I think the Steinheil has the effect but it's no where near as bad as Boxwave's. I'd say Steinheil is pretty good but I've heard Seidio's AF/AG may be good as well.

12. Ender11

Ender11 Well-Known Member

The iphone's screen also has a much lower resolution than the Incredible, so I wonder how that effects it. It's possible that the higher resolution incredible screen will be more adversely effected than the low res iphone. Can anybody who has seen the Steinheil anti-glare on both the iphone and incredible comment on this?

13. griswolds53

griswolds53 Well-Known Member

just to bump this tread, becuase i was about to post the same topic...

i have tried the clairvue and the boxwaves. they both have some pretty serious speckles. the boxwaves are the worst. I am pretty dissapointed in them. i am still looking for one that cuts down on taking away from screen viewing quality.

has anyone tried the steinheil anti-glare that has tried the others for a comparison?

14. lflex830

lflex830 Member

I have the Steinheil "crystal clear" screen protector, had it for about a month and ordered it based on earlier discussions on this forum. You do get some fingerprints but what I love is that it doesn't feel as if there is anything on there....feels just like the glass and is so clear. I have had no speckling or orange peely effect at all. Money well spent for this.

have a great day! ;-)