Anti-virus for Archos 70?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

Following the recent problem with apps in the Market I thought I should put an anti-virus program on my son's Archos. I tried to find Lookout which I have on my Desire and AVG but neither of them showed in the Market from the Archos where they do on my Desire.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Advertisement
  2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Did you check out the "Market Fix" down towards the bottom of the first post here? http://androidforums.com/archos-all...s-70-internet-tablet-other-gen-8-devices.html

Well, scratch that...I just looked on my device and can't find lookout either in the Android Market. These tablets didn't come stock with the Android Market so the signature the device has doesn't always allow you to view all apps.

But, if you use the original market that came with your device (AppsLib), and search for "lookout" you will find it.
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  3. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Strangely, Appslib isn't showing up on the Archos. I am sure I remember it being there and I don't remember deleting it. I did manage to install Lookout using the rather convoluted instructions for "Other methods" on the Lookout website.

Having installed Lookout I read your advice and remembered about the Market Fix. I know for sure that I did it after installing the Market apk but I thought I'd do it again to make sure. I must have done something wrong the first time because after I did it I looked in the Market and there was Lookout and also a couple of other apps I'd been unable to find. Thanks for the tip!