Anti-Virus more like Anti-Root help pls :D

Last Updated:

1. 1stAndroid

1stAndroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

"Begin by downloading the following file:

DroidXRoot_v2.zip"

"Download the attached archive and expand it to a folder you can find (eg. c:\DroidXRoot_v2)"

So i was trying to set up for rooting my phone last night. But when I downloaded the DroidXRoot_v2.zip file available through the link in the stickied thread, my computer detected a virus upon unzipping.

I tried unzipping to the directory suggested c:\DroidXRoot_v2, Mcaffee popped up saying it detected a trojan in the xploid file, and when the expanded folder showed up there were only 2 files showing. I think it was the su and superuser.apk that were missing.

Any ideas on how to get my antivirus to ignore exploid until I can push it onto my phone and virus that bad boy up?

Advertisement
  2. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

Turn off your anti-virus "On-Access" type scan that looks as every file as it is accessed. Then just turn it back on when you are done rooting

3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

it says to turn off antiv virus cause it can interfere with things...or is that on the incredible thread...either way, turn it off.

4. 1stAndroid

1stAndroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

aight, thanks all. I'll check back in when I can get home and try this stuff