Root Anti-Virus more like Anti-Root help pls :D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 1stAndroid, Jul 23, 2010.

1. 1stAndroid

1stAndroid Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    "Begin by downloading the following file:

DroidXRoot_v2.zip"

"Download the attached archive and expand it to a folder you can find (eg. c:\DroidXRoot_v2)"

So i was trying to set up for rooting my phone last night. But when I downloaded the DroidXRoot_v2.zip file available through the link in the stickied thread, my computer detected a virus upon unzipping.

I tried unzipping to the directory suggested c:\DroidXRoot_v2, Mcaffee popped up saying it detected a trojan in the xploid file, and when the expanded folder showed up there were only 2 files showing. I think it was the su and superuser.apk that were missing.

Any ideas on how to get my antivirus to ignore exploid until I can push it onto my phone and virus that bad boy up?

Advertisement
  2. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Illinois
    Turn off your anti-virus "On-Access" type scan that looks as every file as it is accessed. Then just turn it back on when you are done rooting

3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    it says to turn off antiv virus cause it can interfere with things...or is that on the incredible thread...either way, turn it off.

4. 1stAndroid

1stAndroid Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    aight, thanks all. I'll check back in when I can get home and try this stuff