• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anticipated Apps

better version of locale

the newer 0.3 beta version is now available for download, changes are as follow according to the response from the Locale team:

New Features
- Time Condition now supports day of week
- Network Setting now supports GPS
- Battery Condition now supports plugged-in and unplugged
- Contact Condition now supports accelerated scrolling
- Calendar Condition displays which calendar each event comes from
- Location Condition supports easier renaming and deletion of locations
- More thorough in-application help

Bug Fixes and Enhancements
- Better location detection
- Calendar Condition and Time Condition now detect changes immediately (previously it could take up to 10 minutes)
- Fixed a bug with Time Conditions spanning across the PM-AM boundary
- Fixed a bug where large locations couldn't be edited. Zoom controls now display even if a location fills the screen
- Notifications dismiss when leaving a situation

More enhancements are coming in our next update coming soon. We love answering your questions, so please write if we can help with anything!

Upvote 0
I am looking forward to seeing an app for a mini on-screen keyboard in portrait mode for simple responding to email/text.

Also, a banking app for my bank (citizens).
video would be nice, but not necessarily an Emergency by any means.
Editable Dictionary for spell check.
Accelerometer support for auto portrait/landscape when phone it flipped.
BETTER GPS support. It is HORRIBLE now.

Upvote 0
How about an app that rotates the screen based upon the apps specified by the user, and the orientation of the phone. That way you can set certain apps to rotate when they have focus, but not others.

I mean, what the heck? Why isn't this standard? Does Apple have a patent on it?

the latest blackberry has auto rotate, so if apple have patented it, then blackberry are paying for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones