• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pasqo83

Dec 26, 2011
Does anyone know of any good internet security or antivirus software that doesn't lag the galaxy tab 2 - I am just reading up on this and just seeing if its worth installing or not. As this is a christmas present - I dont want anything going wrong once I have given it to 2 people that are no way tech savy.

Thanks All :)

I have zoner on my tablet and phone. It has never caught a virus, but it does not seem to cause any problems. I like the locate the phone feature in zoner.

It has never caught a virus because there aren't any android viruses. The way Android is designed would make it a waste of time to write a virus for android.

Long story short.. you don't need anti-virus software on Android.

Upvote 0
I downloaded zoner mainly for its phone locate and theft protection feature. Whether it actually protects against malware or viruses, I don't know. However, I do not have complete confidence that the android OS is secure and I am glad that some developers are in the security business. Zoner is free and it has not caused any problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones