• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help antivirus?

It's a handheld computer. I haven't heard of any exploits but what do I know?

I used Antivirus FREE by droidSecurity Inc for a few months. I then elected to buy their AntiVirus PRO version for $9.99. Quote from their website, "...Pro enables remote management of lost/stolen phones along with tracking of illicit phone usage in the case of theft."

You can get them on the Android Market. Search for "Antivirus Free" or "Antivirus Pro." The free version worked fine. With more than 250,000 downloads and 24,175+ ratings it holds a 4.24 avg.

Norton Security is also free. As I'd never use a Norton Product on my laptop, I wouldn't use one on my Handheld Computer.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
I've only heard of one exploit for any smart phone over the past few years and it was on the Iphone. I really wouldn't worry. You're not going to get a virus from a website, and as long as you only download apps that have had a few other downloads (i.e. a chance for them to be reviewed by peers as clean) you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones