• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any 3D phones coming to Verizon?

Definitely not up-to-date on new phones and whatnot, so I'll ask here. Are there any plans for a 3D phone (like the Evo 3D) to release for Verizon within the coming months, or whenever?

And if not, does anyone know if an Evo 3D can be unlocked permanently for use on Verizon's network? They're both CDMA; I know you can do this with AT&T/T-Mo phones.

CDMA phones are not as easy to move over as GSM phones are. You'd have to use a program called "CDMA Workshop" armed with some really specific info on how to move the Evo 3D to Verizon. And then there's the possibility that Big Red wouldn't allow it, anyhow, after running the ESN.

A co-worker and I were talking about it after I was showing some 3D pictures from a recent vacation. He was hoping a 3D phone would come to Verizon. You could always call VZW and see if they have any planned 3D units. I'm also assuming a Google search came up negative?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I tried Google before posting. Thanks for the information though - tried looking on XDA as well about unlocking an Evo 3D to Verizon, all I really learned is that it's really hard, and Verizon may not even allow it, possibly wasting money and time.

And yeah, Google gave me nothing. Mostly old forum posts on here asking the same question, as well as other forums, and Yahoo answer results. No new information regarding a 3D Verizon phone - I'd only assume one is coming though, since Sprint has the Evo 3D and AT&T has the LG Thrill 4G now.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I just got the LG Thrill from Costco for $29. It even included a kit with a screen protector, car charger, etc. The 3D is an awesome conversation piece. It looks far better than I expected. It's really fun to take 3d video of friends punching their fists towards the phone, and then showing it to them. Really gets people grinning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones