• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Any accessories needed for the HTC Desire Z?

Case: I still haven't bothered. I fancy something like the "Barely There" (or something similar) hard case my mate has on his Desire but so far it's surviving being "pocketed" all day unscathed.

Screen protector: a must-have for me due to my dusty/dirty work environment. I'm using the HTC ones (SP P400) and the fit and feel is perfect.

One other thing I'd recommend is a second microUSB cable. Generic ones are cheap and do the job fine; I got mine from a local backstreet phone shop. I have one at work for top-up charging/transfering files via my PC there and another permanently hooked up to this system. The original cable remains attached to the wall charger beside my bed.

Reactions: phone4
Upvote 0
I'm very paranoid about getting scratches on my Desire Z so I used a clip on case. However, it added too much bulk and made the keyboard slide out too easily.

So, the protection I'm using is just a soft pouch I bought from Ebay. I never put my phone in a pocket with anything else either, just be on the safe side.

I'd certainly recommend the HTC screen protectors too. I'm terrible at putting them on, I managed to ruin the first one, but fortunately the second in the pack went on perfectly. They are certainly worth the money.

You may want to consider a spare battery or portable charger (such as PowerMonkey) too. This is the highest drain device I've ever owned (and I use it sparingly). Having said that, I do like to have it on full brightness - over 80% of my battery usage is screen-related :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones