• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any advice for me towards installing Custon ROM's

Hey everyone.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M With Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread that I got from Bell Aliant Along With a Motorola Xoom Wifi Canadian That I bought at Wal-Mart one day.

I am intrested in flashing Custom Roms onto My Samsung Galaxy Gio Gt-S5660M. I have Rooted and Installed ClockworkMod on my Samsung Galaxy Gio Gt-S5660M. I have recently been looking up stuff on how to install them onto my Samsung Galaxy Gio Gt-S5660M. I recently attempted to install Android 4.0.3 Ice cream Sandwich onto it. and I realized that I installed the wrong one because it was for the S5660M Model Not the GT-S5660M, Resulting into a boot failure. as the screen would fade out to black when booting to the Operating System. I was still able to access the Recovery mode (I never Had ClockworkMod Installed at that time) and the Custom ROM Download mode (Vol Down + Home + Power button) but it would fail to connect to my PC (Windows 7 Home Premium & Ubuntu Linux 64-bit) So Later on I told my dad about it and he sent it to bell Aliant to get it fixed. And now I would like to know how I can install a custom ROM and If I ever come across this problem again, how can i solve it without taking it to Bell Aliant to get fixed (Since it's a software related issue)

Thank You For reading and I hope to hear a reply for someone.

Do a factory reset before you go for Custom ROM installation.

Also ensure you have downloaded the proper files for that ROM, there might be some mix up.

I would advise against custom roms, all of them seem to have one issue or another. Saying so primarily because my experience with them hasn't been great. I reverted to official Gingerbread stock rom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones