any alarms turn on the phone to go off?Support

Last Updated:

1. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Only thing I can think of that I miss on my storm. When turning it off, it would alert you it would be turning back on at ur alarm time to wake you and would do exactly that. Stock app doesn't do that. I've searched and gone thru market apps descriptions looking for this function. At the least I want the alarm to go off when the phones turned off. I don't need it to notify me when its turning on, when its shutting down.

Advertisement
  2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Yup, exactly what I needed. I posted this on other thread, no luck yet.

secretLOVER likes this.
  3. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Damn. Thanks for the response though. Gonna search other forums tomorrow. Will keep this thread posted.

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Once the phone is off, its off for good. No power, so this is not possible. From what I understand, BB's don't fully "turn off" when you power them down, thus they still have that bit of charge to be able to perform a function such as an alarm

5. Humpa

Humpa Well-Known Member

Just like you won't find an app to do this with your laptop (since it is impossible), you won't find one for Android either.

For anyone relying on their Android alarm, they need to leave the phone on. For those that like to turn off the phone at night to conserve battery or to keep from hearing incoming text/mail/calls, you can simply put the phone in Airplane mode instead of turning it off. That ought to be a perfect solution - the phone will probably only drop 5 to 10% in an 8hr period.