Any Android devices coming in the near future (other than the N1 and EVO)

Last Updated:

1. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest This Topic's Starter

I'll be getting an EVO 4G this summer when it releases but I also want to get my mom on Android as well. I figured a starter Android would be good for her and I was wondering if there is anything in the pipeline for Sprint from now to the summer? I know right now there's the Hero and Moment and I heard rumors a while back of the Legend would be ideal but haven't heard anything since.

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

The "Samsung Galaxy S" is coming, but I have no idea which carrier it is headed towards... Though I assume it will not be Sprint since it's pointless to compete against the Evo.

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/55655-samsung-4-super-amoled-1-ghz-android-phone.html

As for things "In the pipeline" I guess you could include the impending 2.1 updates. That should make for an interesting change in what the Sprint/Android team has to offer.

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i don't think it's pointless to compete against the evo... it'd actually be quiet easy.... make it affordable / cheap, don't try to win the spec sheet cause you wont, but the price tag they might.

the i1 if you like PTT is headed nextel's network i don't see them picking up much more though, they have "THE PHONE" they have 2 midgrade phones, one with a keyboard one without, and they have another phone up there with the EVO, the N1... the moment and HERO keep skyrocketing down in price so there is no point in having cheap android's when those are already at $50 and getting the current OS soon

4. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Oh, I kinda figured that the N1 would take that spot? It is going to be up against the Evo, and it will need a decent price differentiation in order to sell...

I figure N1 will essentially be the replacement for the Hero. I doubt the SGS will under-price the N1. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that there's really no market for the SGS at Sprint.:eek:

5. adamspt2

adamspt2 Member

At this point I'm hoping for the Legend to come to Sprint. I love the idea of the Evo but I think it's going to be more than the money I'll be willing to spend. The Nexus might also be out for me. With TMob it's only available with an individual plan and I'll be on a family plan on Sprint. I really like the larger screens of the N1 and Evo, but it might be Here/Legend for me.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

How many android handsets do you really want...

7. Covert_Death

^idealy all of them :)

8. SoFLO

Just a simple question...that's kind of what you do on forums :)

9. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

What, complain there aren't 50 of a certain type of headsets on a certain carrier? Forums are not for that.

10. Covert_Death

whoa dude, forums can be used for whatever you want, as far as i'm concerned he didn't break any rules, he's asking about phones on sprint and he put it in the sprint section... it is a valad question as well because many people seem to think the legend is headed to sprint to replace the hero... and what's wrong with having more androids? i hope one day sprint has 10 android's to pick from as smart phones become the standard and sprint likes to give us options...

11. SoFLO

And forums aren't for taking threads off-topic ;)

12. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

forget the galaxy s with two slate Android phones already. How about the rumored S Pro with slide out keyboard and ditch the Moment which is just too bulky for my tastes even if I do own it. I think Samsung is quite dumb if their DTV version is essentially the same exact phone with better internals.

13. SoFLO

I would think they would change up the Moment at least a little other just putting in the DTV chip...maybe give it a little Galaxy look and call it the Galaxy Mini.