• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any App Like Quick Boot that Properly Shuts Down?

I know this seems petty, but I am using the app "Quick Boot" so I will have a restart option (I have ZTE Merit, Gingerbread 2.3.5 and no native restart option) and it doesn't seem to shut down the OS properly. I have a CPU overclock app and when I use Quickboot, I get a message upon startup that says "unclean shutdown" (thus the app won't work until I manually restart it) and also (maybe I'm just imagining this) the slide to unlock menu seems awfully sluggish as well.

Is there a better app? I've searched and don't see anything talking about this issue.

Is there a way to program a restart option into the power menu via command line (I'm rooted, non-factory rom etc) or is that something you have to change at the "kernel" level? I'm not going to spend hours decompiling and crap just to put one little thing on the phone so if that's the case oh well.

Thanks for any help!

btw, sorry if this has indeed been discussed already, I really am.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones