• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

any app or method to do this?

I don't know of any app that can do this and I hope no one ever figures out how to.

It shouldn't be too hard - I guess the main difference will be trying to differentiate voice mail from a person picking up, but I guess if you kept the phone by on speaker you you could cancel the script when you hear the person say 'hello'. when I get home I'll see what I can cook up.

what if i end up making millions of $ LOL - early retirement for sure.

Upvote 0
when an outgoing call goes to voicemail on my Note 3 it is preceded by a different style of 'ringing sound' and after 2-3 of those sounds comes 'your call has been forwarded to an automated voice mail system'

there are times when my phone does hang up and i get a 'call rejected' toast message which i guess is someone hitting the decline button on the other end-this for some might force the call to go to voice mail.

all an app would need to do is merely detect the difference in those ringing sounds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones