Any app to use volume button to move to next song?Support

Last Updated:

1. Sarzdorf

Sarzdorf New Member This Topic's Starter

On my old BB you could press the volume button to switch to the next song. It seems to be a bit of a pain to have to wake your phone up, unlock it and go to the music app and press >>. Anyone know of any apps that let you do that?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. nickc71

nickc71 Active Member

This was the MAIN reason I rooted my Hero... I couldn't agree more. It's a pain to pull the phone out when you're running mph on a treadmill to unlock it and stare at the glass to get the button right to advance. Sure you can get a bluetooth headset that does it but they can be a pain and the batteries run out. The Cyanogen rom on the Hero had that feature so that you can hard press the volume up or down and it would go forward or backward in your playlist. But I really don't feel like rooting just for that now that I have an Evo. I was hoping it would be a part of the phone by now...

It was sweet on my old BB Curve...

3. sarcasmic

sarcasmic Active Member

Check out Shake2PlayNext in the market. It allows you to skip to the next song by shaking the phone, and the acceleration sensitivity is adjustable. It is compatible with a large list of players.

4. Marinelli.Tv

Marinelli.Tv New Member

Hi,

You can try this application : Next Song

5. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

Or you can stop spamming apps that have nothing to do with the thread.

6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Looks like a righteous answer to the question to me. App does what OP asked for, and this isn't the dev, playing sly either. You see something that I don't?

Suggest maybe that app and No Lock, free in the Market, will do the trick.

7. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

Wow. I was totally reading the wrong thread. I had this open at the same time as the one for using the volume button to control the camera shutter. Sorry man. I'll go back to my corner now.