• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any apps [not widgets] out there to remount SD card

I'm wondering the same.

I use ES File Explorer to copy files from my PC to my SD card. I select the file(s) from the PC drive, choose the Copy operation, navigate to the the desired folder on my SD card and choose the Paste operation. The files refresh automatically as soon as the copy is complete. I have never had to execute a mount/unmount. This process works equally well with the internal 8GB of storage.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I use ES File Explorer to copy files from my PC to my SD card. I select the file(s) from the PC drive, choose the Copy operation, navigate to the the desired folder on my SD card and choose the Paste operation. The files refresh automatically as soon as the copy is complete. I have never had to execute a mount/unmount. This process works equally well with the internal 8GB of storage.

Hope this helps.

this is EXACTLY what I do but they are audio files and they dont refresh.
I cut and paste them what am i missing :(

thanks!

I tried it. While the files show up in strong they don't show
In the native music app until u remount.

Upvote 0

Hope this helps.

This does not work for me. I have to either restart the phone, or unmount, pull, and then remount the card for them to show up on the card after copying/moving them via ES. I am using AutoMount, but it doesn't work after C/C/P them to the SD card or internal memory. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I found this widget on App Brain and it works great. After adding files to the SD card via ES, hit this widget (after adding it to a screen) and it rescans/remounts the card and your files are there without having to restart the phone or umount/pull/insert the card! Works great on the Incredible!

SDMount Widget - Android app on AppBrain

EDIT: After re-reading the OP, he already has this. Sorry about that... I guess I need to learn how to read instead of brushing over the posts too quickly... This does, however, help the other folks in this thread that are looking to have the stuff added without pulling the card...

I too looked for an app (non-widget) but no dice. Only this widget...

Upvote 0
I found this widget on App Brain and it works great. After adding files to the SD card via ES, hit this widget (after adding it to a screen) and it rescans/remounts the card and your files are there without having to restart the phone or umount/pull/insert the card! Works great on the Incredible!

SDMount Widget - Android app on AppBrain

EDIT: After re-reading the OP, he already has this. Sorry about that... I guess I need to learn how to read instead of brushing over the posts too quickly... This does, however, help the other folks in this thread that are looking to have the stuff added without pulling the card...

I too looked for an app (non-widget) but no dice. Only this widget...

Thanks for trying!

I use SDRescan for the SD card. Wish it also worked for the /emmc memory.

THANKS so much this is exactly what I needed and couldnt find!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones