1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

any apps that let you put widgets in the notification bar

Last Updated:

1. beezy

beezy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Some of the Samsung phones have a toggle bar for GPS, wifi, ect. that can be pulled down from the notification bar. Does anyone know of an app that mimics this? I've looked in the market but didn't find anything that similar. Also a simple 3 button media player option would be useful that way you don't have to switch apps just to skip a song or stop the player. Is there anything like that out there at all?

Advertisement
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

3. beezy

beezy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I seen that but a shortcut still just opens the other app. When music is playing you can already tap on it in the notification bar and go to it but it would be nice to control it without leaving what I'm doing. Same with the toggles, it just seems so much more convenient to have them right there than leaving maps to go turn on your GPS.

4. Geck0

Geck0 Member

Try Quick Desk, similar to the notification bar but its activated by a chosen key, such as double tapping home. I have my extended controls widget in there so I can activate wifi, gps etc with out leaving any apps.

5. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

I use BarControl with ToggleWifi (free app) and BluetoothMode (paid app) for this.

6. cfmistry

cfmistry Active Member

I wish I could find something like the Samsung's phone, it's perfectly integrated for my use.

7. JS143

JS143 New Member

I too was looking for something like the Samsung's. I found Status Bar Settings. Anyone know of anything similar?

8. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Get widgetsoid2.x its really good

JS143 likes this.
  9. Christman

Christman New Member

I don't suggest it. I had it, works good, not great. And it won't uninstall at all. No matter what I do.

10. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I use "Quick Settings". Its not a widget, but works just like one. (You can have it in the notification bar.) Allows you to customize the buttons you want access to. Can change setting right from there. I like it alot and its very easy to use. I have ten buttons in mine.

11. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Notification Toggle is very good. It lets you put toggles in your notification shade, like GPS, bluetooth, or screen orientation. Not sure it'll do music though.