Any artists using painting/animation apps here ?

Last Updated:

1. MonkeyBoy2000

MonkeyBoy2000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have seen some amazing things done with the apps like Layers / Brushes / Sketchbook Mobile, but there has been virtually nothing for the Android OS.

Some of the developers of these apps almost seem offended when asked if they plan to offer an Android version. :mad:

Lately, there have been three or four Android apps that get better with each new release.

So far, the best that i have seen for Android are ( In alphabetical order ) Canvas, Magic Doodle, PaintJoy and a unique one called Sketcher.

You can see some of the art done with these apps here :

Flickr: Android Art

For those that animate, an excellent app for doing quick rough Flash type animations is one called Animation Maker. It is really basic in features, but brilliant none the less.

A good stop motion app is Stop Motion

One last app that I find useful ( it's also entertaining as well ) is called Liquid Face. It is essentially a version of Photoshops smudge tool. If you upload an image, you can move it around and warp it.

Besides making comical faces out of photographs, it also comes in handy getting proportions right when you do a digital painting.

Advertisement
  2. MonkeyBoy2000

MonkeyBoy2000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It appears as if the guys that have created the fantastic app 'Layers' for the iPhony have at least attempted to try to create an Android version :

PNG compression in Android… (You have got to be kidding)

I have found that I ran into the very same problem that this guy was having with the Android OS - banding in gradients.

3. seanwilson

seanwilson Member

4. asymmetryg

asymmetryg Member

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Sketchbook itself is available for Android.

6. alfredjarry69

alfredjarry69 Active Member

Movement Facilities is the important app. It will run on your iPhone as well as your iPad. The app combines with YouTube to discuss your material. The app is exclusive in its audio abilities. The app allows you do a voice-over and add a songs monitor to your animated graphics.

7. phemox

phemox New Member

I've been using Adobe Photoshop Touch and it's by far the most powerful drawing app for Android I've seen so far. Easy to use, very good features, a must-buy for drawing fanatics especially when you're drawing on a tablet.

I'm using Photoshop Touch on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and it rocks. A lot of filters, a lot of stuff you're used to from the real Photoshop and really not a lot it lacks to do incredible art with.

I know I may sound like an ad now, but I was truly blown away by it's features. It rocks for doing concept art on the go.

I'd love to see a good animation app for Android tablets one day though and will check out Animation Maker.