Any (best) way of locking my messages and emails. Possibly other apps too?

1. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

My girlfriends 10 year old loves my new Desire and I'm happy for her to play games and generally mess around on it, but there are things i don't want her to see in my messages and e-mails. No matter how many times I tell her to stay out it seems she just can't help herself. Is there any way (or what is the best way) to lock the messages so that she can't see the things I don't want her to?

Advertisement
  2. oatikodi

oatikodi Well-Known Member

I'm using 'protector'. You can choose which applications to protect and when a person tries to use it they have to enter a pin number. It's simple and quick. Once the pin is entered once you don't need to reenter it while the phone is on. But if you press the sleep button then next time you use the application you have to re-enter the pin. See: Protector Android App Review by AndroidTapp.com | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews
    gie62001, Markg and lekky like this.
  3. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Nice recommendation oatikodi, never heard of this app before
  4. Markg

Markg Well-Known Member

Does this app work across all scenes? I'd like not to have to use it all the time and just turn it on when I pass here the phone, or is there a quick way to turn it off/on?
  5. oatikodi

oatikodi Well-Known Member

You can choose which apps it works for (mostly) eg I have it turned on for gmail, facebook, internet, Protector itself... but not for games etc.

Once the pin code is entered all apps are accessible while the phone is still on- and you don't have to reenter the code. I press the sleep button and then when you next use the phone the code has to be re-entered. It's so easy that I don't find I need to disable the app. However, if you launch the Protector app, there's a tick box at the top of the menu screen to enable/disable it.
    Markg likes this.
  6. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

is it 'APP PROTECTOR' you mentioned? is shows a 7days trial period after first installation.