any better car droid holders ?

Last Updated:

1. lobosolo

lobosolo New Member This Topic's Starter

hey all,
    I was hoping to find a droid holder for my car that has an easy way to leave the power plugged in. almost a combination of the current OEM car holder + the OEM desktop multimedia holder.

the multimedia holder would be perfect if it had a clip to secure it and it was at adjustable to 90 degree's. i would use that for my car, but it does not.

it just seems like someone would have come up with a holder that you can leave plugged in and just insert the droid into, much like my garmin nuvi does.

Advertisement
  2. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

Pro clip makes a car mount for the Droid...a little pricy, but worth every penny if you use navigation a lot......... check it out at www.proclipusa.com.....I love mine!

3. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

Isn't that how the Seidio car dock works?

4. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Seidio looks like it does accommodate on-board charging although it claims the product only works in landscape mode and it seems rather bulky. To be honest, I thought this would be a problem for me when I first got the Motorola car mount, but I seem to have the position of the charging port memorized and can insert the power cord in no time whenever I first hop in the car.

5. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

6. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a better mount too. The problem I'm seeing now is the weight of the cord hanging down is starting to loosen up the microusb port so it fits loose now.

7. Lock-N-Load

wow, I find that hard to believe. the "weight"? what "weight". so many devices have this micro USB port and so many people hang their cord. maybe you have a defective unit.

8. ghlancaster

ghlancaster Active Member

check the bracketron, its universal but ive messed with one seems pretty solid

9. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

+1 for ProClip.

Let's see:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm, not so much. :D

It's a problem common to many connectors. That's why in some cases there's strain relief added to the end of the cable. Just because you or people you know haven't experienced it doesn't mean that it isn't a real concern.

If it's universal how does it have the microUSB port in the correct spot for the Droid? You might want to re-read the OP.

10. wordweaver27

wordweaver27 Well-Known Member

11. Lock-N-Load

well, to be fair, if I get your comparison, I mentioned mine did not have the power supply right off the bat and you picked the photo that does not have the t-notch droid holder connected.. so all you showed was the dash mount portion. which, btw, was cheaper than the proclip as I did explain. So, attach that one you show to the dash mount I showed and you do have a more affordable system.

as for this.. another easy fix no matter what attachment you try. go to Radio Shack and buy some of the small sticky back cable holders, stick one to the back of the mount, run your power cable through that and there.. strain relief for about $1. I did this on mine but NOT for strain relief, but to better hide and route the power cable that runs down to the outlet and it would, be default, support the cable you fear could cause an issue.

12. ghlancaster

ghlancaster Active Member

you might want to take a look at the product. Bracketron : Mobile Grip-iT Windshield Mount Kit

it doesn't have a charger built in, but if you have a car charger you could easily have it charging in your passenger seat and place it into the holder without having the clamps cover the usb port. it may not have the magnet to place it into car mode but I would actually prefer to have control over that function anyways, nothing a simple shortcut couldn't fix.I'm just trying to show the man another option he may or may not know about.