• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any car audio guys?

Eugene

Android Expert
Dec 6, 2009
My cd player in my truck won't take cd's anymore and I'm tired of feeding my phone sound in via a casette adapter so I want to yank it out and replace it.
Looks like some manufacturers have some android compatibility with newer headunits. Looks like JVC has an android app that talks to theirs, Kenwood has one, etc. Anyone use any of these that can give me some recomendations?
I'm not looking for the bug all in one play movies and netflix (yes some car radios support that now) so I want a smaller single DIN uint.

Looks like it has no wifi, I'd need to sync everything via another 3g connection. :(

Should be able to connect the deck via bluetooth.

Quoted from Parrots FAQ.

Can I use my telephone's 3G connection to log on?
Yes, if you have a telephone which supports the Bluetooth DUN (Dial-Up networking) or PAN (Personal Area Network) profiles, connecting your telephone to the Parrot ASTEROID via Bluetooth lets you share the 3G connection of the telephone

Upvote 0
so I'd have to share from the phone to use it much, wifi would have been great, could just make a shell script to sync music and such when it came within range.
I ended up buying a Kenwood head unit for $169 that has bluetooth so I can play my music from the phone that way.

Upvote 0
My cd player in my truck won't take cd's anymore and I'm tired of feeding my phone sound in via a casette adapter so I want to yank it out and replace it.
Looks like some manufacturers have some android compatibility with newer headunits. Looks like JVC has an android app that talks to theirs, Kenwood has one, etc. Anyone use any of these that can give me some recomendations?
I'm not looking for the bug all in one play movies and netflix (yes some car radios support that now) so I want a smaller single DIN uint.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones