Any Case out thee that will protect the X from a fall?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Integraoligist

Integraoligist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    I'm looking into getting an X but have been reading the stories about the screens cracking when falling out of a pocket and thus...

Is there any case out there that will totally save the X, at least 99% of the time?

I heard that it already has Gorilla Glass, so a screen protector is a waste of $... but the edges of the phone are the vulnerable areas.

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement
  2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I just got the Active X case from Seidio and it seems to have a lot of good protection going along with it. It has a thick silicone case with a hard back skeletal support. Seems like it would handle well from a normal height drop but I'm not going to test it lol.

Integraoligist likes this.
  3. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

Iagree on the active case from Seidio. I feel like it offers plenty of protection. However, Seidio also makes a rugged version of the case that you can launch into space with no ill effects. Check it out: seidioonline.com

Integraoligist likes this.
  4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    and

[​IMG]

5. dhoffman1421

dhoffman1421 Well-Known Member

Depending on the height of the fall and how it lands nothing will be bulletproof IMHO. I use a Body Glove, which has a rubberized texture so you can hang on better!

6. Integraoligist

thanks for the link to the Active and "rugged" pack... the Body Glove is just a rubber coating over the entire area, while the Active is hardened on the corners to help protect, yes?

And really, is the Screen protector worth the $ with the Gorilla glass?

7. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

I bought the Seidio Rugged combo pack. I have no fears of the device being damaged. My only complaint is that the second holster that fits the rugged shell comes with a 2" belt clip. Who really wears a 2" wide belt? So when I use the holster it feels loose on my belt.

8. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

9. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

10. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member

I bought the Seidio rugged case. Without a doubt it offers great protection, but there are some draw backs. It's really big, it adds a great deal of bulk to your phone. The issue that bothers me the most is that with it in place, you can't pull down the notification bar with your finger. Just no way to get your finger in the right place to make it happen, and I haven't seen this in any report of the case. I'm still waiting for the Otterbox commuter, but I'm getting damn tired of the wait.

11. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

12. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

May want to look into Otterbox. They just released their cases for purchase today and they have a great reputation. I personally have never owned one but I do have a friend who has a Defender for their iPhone. SOLID case that kicks butt.

Nothing is ever 100% though because a lot of things depends on the angle it hits and sometimes just plain luck.....but a Seido or Otterbox would definitely improve the chances of the phone not being hurt

13. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

My Body Glove has already saved my phone a few times. To the point I need a need a new Body Glove :)
    Phone looks brand new.

14. Integraoligist

all i hear is bad stuff about the otterbox company... and that Seidio case is highly overpriced.

Why bother with an oversized case if you can't hit all of the screen or it covers buttons?

There must be a good inbetween