Any chance of an auto-exposure fix for video?Support

Last Updated:

1. MorningThief581

MorningThief581 Member This Topic's Starter

I really love my Evo, but video recording is a huge disappointment. Unless I'm missing something there's no way to lock exposure when you start recording. So the auto-exposure engages, and brightness adjusts as you pan across a scene. Ok, so that's not too horrible... I'm not sure any phones support exposure lock. But couldn't they have done a better job with the exposure algorithm? I'll use the iPhone for comparison since it's the only other phone I've used for HD video. The iPhone is capable of smooth exposure adjustments, at least making your video look like something shot with modern technology. The Evo makes exposure adjustments in fairly large increments, and the effect is really distracting. Is there some hardware limitation that mandates this? Or did HTC just do a really crappy job developing the Evo's video recording software? Any chance of a fix somewhere down the line, either as improved auto-exposure or the ability to disable it?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

hrm...i've found keeping the white balance on auto but changing the metering to center and turning off auto focus seems to calm it down a bit .... but haven't rally played with it too much.