• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any chance of root?

I made the mistake of buying this device without checking this forum and xda and so far no one has found a root method. What's the possibility of us getting a root nay at least aosp

I love this phone. The last android device I had was rooted so I could overclock and wifi tether. But now I have a 2.4ghz quad core phone that wifi tethers out of the box. as far as OEM "bloatware" Sony's android GUI is actually pretty light with just a few apps.

so why root? other than knowing you have control over the phone. Is there a killer app I am missing? Why do you want to root a Z1s?

cheers!

-JD

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes there is a bit of adb use, but I'm not too familiar with it. I've only used it once when rooted my g'zone commando. From what I've seen on XDA the first set of instructions is only meant for people who know what they're doing and then they turn into ultra jerks if you ask for a more detailed description. It usually takes a few days before someone is nice enough to give you a step by step process.

Since I posted my first response, someone has come forward and given a step by step to rooting the Z1S. I'm going to give it a shot this weekend.

Upvote 0
There a member named LifeHacks on XDA that has a 5 minute process to remotely root the Z1s with a couple of scripts. He did it for me last night. He uses teamviewer to take control of your computer and does it himself. However, he moves pretty fast so you have to make sure you set your phone to have USB Debugging on BEFORE you get online with him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones