Any Chance of Sense UI being ported or a custom ROM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Lepodo

Lepodo Member This Topic's Starter

hey everyone, i may be getting this phone soon, but the big thing for me is HTC Sense UI not being on it, but overall i think i shall purchase this phone anyway.
    so, is sense going to ever be ported to this device? possibly through a htc desire or evo 4g custom ROM?

Advertisement
  2. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

I'm curious too, not so much the whole sense option but the ability to have different scenes for different situations is what I would really love, doesn't matter if it's an app or a custom ROM. I just want to find out if it's possible or not

3. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

No. Who knows what will happen with upcoming roms once this is released in the US, but don't count on a port from an HTC phone coming to a Samsung phone.

4. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

I still fail to see what is so good with HTC Sense UI. Plus HTC got pissed that their Custom UI's were being ported to other phones and Ordered a Cease and Desist to conflipper and I am sure they would do the same for every other developer.

5. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

Personally the only thing that I can't replicate with Beautiful Widgets and etc... is the HTC Scenes, the first thing that got me interested in Android was the ablility to have different setups for WOrk home, driving , travelling , Showoff and etc....

Now that I've done my research, I see that the Epic 4G fits me better than the EVO 4G would so even though I'm giving up on Sense I just need the ability to switch between Scenes and I'll be happy

6. Aerimus

Aerimus Well-Known Member

This is inaccurate. HTC did send a cease and desist, however, it was only because there were some carrier specific files being used in some of the roms. Coinflipper is most definitely allowed to continue with his roms after removing them.

Shipped-ROMS is here to stay | Shipped ROMS

That's a link to coinflipper's post stating what I just said.

7. hindustani8

hindustani8 Member

Has anyone tried this. I am in the market for a new phone. If I can port HTC Sense UI on Fascinate, I'll pick it up tomorrow.

8. RhysD

RhysD Active Member

IF it happens it wont for quite a while

9. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member

[QUOTE/] I just need the ability to switch between Scenes and I'll be happy[/QUOTE]

You could use Tasker for settings or you could have a separate home launcher for different situations.

for example I switch to Adw Launcher when driving to make use of the landscape view and I have tasker set to turn on bluetooth, gps, Media player, turn up volume etc.

launcher pro then is set up for home use with its own twitter and facebook widgets.

10. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Unlikely to ever happen because of intellectual property issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.