Any chance phandroid going tapatalk?

Last Updated:

1. koopakid08

koopakid08 Well-Known Member

Tapatalk also supports thanks

SUroot likes this.
  2. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Tapatalk does support reports. It's under More....Thanks and Share are on the first menu.
    SUroot, Roze and Xyro like this.
  3. WPWoodJr

WPWoodJr Well-Known Member

+1 for Tapatalk :D
  4. emu314159

emu314159 New Member

As a long time lurker, first time poster, I'd like to implore you to require that any TT support include a filter to remove any and all TT sigs. I am unimaginably sick of reading posts on the XDA forums that end with the TT spam over and over and over.

Or just not let that back in. This forum is so clean right now...

EDIT: As for the whole, hey, we'd like to get the word out about our app thing, well, I think the forum app thing is a great idea, now that you mention it, and would love to use an app that had broad support across numerous forums, so long as it lacked the ability to include a tag/sig, and so long as it wasn't tapatalk, such do i now loathe the spam. I would not now use tapatalk even if sent money/beer every month.

Failing that, and since a lot of people seem to like it and i know how it is when you get used to something, have a forum rule involving warnings/suspensions for anyone posting with a TT sig.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

This is pure speculation, but I bet both the 'Sent from my X' signatures and the popup saying 'This site is android native.' are conditions of using the tapatalk plugin on your forum.
  6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Absolutely HATE all that 'posted using' tt or xda app......
    we just need our app to start getting updates... frequently....
    I'm sure it is, what i hate is that xda one also, and you know there is no such requirement for them:D
  7. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

I absolutely love the XDA app and Tapatalk. I don't even see the sigs (and frankly miss the sigs here, there's usually good information in a well planned signature). The app we have now is the main reason I don't frequent these forums as much anymore - because I'm usually on the fly somewhere, and use my phone to access forums. Right now six of my favorite forums are on Tapatalk. I really wish this one was, too. It makes my life easier, and hectic as it is, I need all the help I can get in that department.
  8. Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon Member

+ 1 for looking into bringing back TT support. I use TT and previously the paid XDA app, and prefer them over the Android Forums mobile client/app. Night Mode FTW!
    We may not get it, but at least the Admins are listening to what the users want. Thanks!
  9. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I'd also like to request Tapatalk support. I use an Android device and am an enthusiast, but I also use other platforms which have a tapatalk app. I'd like to be able to access this forum from those as well since there is no phandroid app for them.
  10. atraum

atraum Well-Known Member

Wow, it's nice to hear this will potentially come back! Tapatalk works great on my CM TouchPad!
    Cares likes this.
  11. LDubs

LDubs New Member

Me too. Getting bored with Android Central and really wanted to browse this one on my device as well, via Tapatalk.
    Cares likes this.
  12. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

I too am very glad that TT support is still in consideration. Not to stir the pot or anything but I usually ignore this forum a little more because I frankly just like all my forums in one app. That happens to be TT right now :)
  13. koopakid08

Anyhow updates on the situation?
    Cares likes this.
  14. PhilD

PhilD Well-Known Member

same here, definitely glad that TT support is still under consideration
    Cares likes this.
  15. koopakid08

Any updates on this?
  16. theRamenNoodle

theRamenNoodle Well-Known Member

By the way, the "Sent from Tapatalk" signature is an option inside of Tapatalk. Most people probably don't know that it's there or don't care enough to disable it, just like the "Sent from my mobile device" in most email clients.

It's always important to reach customers where they are. Getting back into Tapatalk would accomplish this.

Tapatalk (paid version) was also a free app from either GetJar or Amazon Appstore. So that probably greatly increased its users.
  17. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

Why should I pay 3 dollars to read this forum on my phone without the hassle of the browser? Personally I've not had much of an issue with the current phandroid app however, there have been a couple times where the page wouldn't load and I would have to hit the back button and try again...

It just needs some updates and it's good to go.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  18. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

19. koopakid08

I have tried and seriously no offence but it is really lacking in both polish and design. It is completely unuseable on my tablet. It just feels like a beta project to me and it has not been updates in quite a long time. As a result I rarely visit this forum anymore because it is not easily accessible.
  20. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I would so much love for TT to be enabled.
    I do use the app but I more dislike it than like it. It is always running (and yes, I have disabled all notifications) and I get more errors than not. Forget trying to read the news either, that NEVER works for me. It's really not worth the squeeze at some level. It does come in handy, when it works, for reading/posting in the forums though.
    TT may have it's shortcomings (what doesn't though?) but, for me, it is so much nicer than the Phandroid app is.
    To appease the masses though, perhaps have both? Let the user decide which to use. Don't know if that is a viable alternative, food for thought.
  21. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I just use the browser to surf AF on my phone. I would think that on a tablet, the experience is better.
  22. koopakid08

I do but most times it will not let me reply because dolphin does not let me input text to the reply box and I like having TT because all of my forums are in the same place.
  23. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Dolphin works fine for me. Are you using the Quick Reply box or the Reply button to open a new window?
  24. koopakid08

Both, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I know this is a problem with dolphin not this forum. I'm just posting my reason why I think we should have Tapatalk support again.
  25. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's back to a "no" on Tapatalk?