Any clue what is going on? Desire trouble =(Support

Last Updated:

1. Terri89

Terri89 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, here we go, this is going to be a long one, sorry!

I bought my Desire about a month ago on Orange, loved it to pieces. I then got it unlocked as I moved to the Netherlands so needed it on another network.
    I got here and put a Vodafone pay as you go sim with internet add on in to my phone but so far, no joy =(
    I have added and re added the APN's, but it either gets stuck on Mobile network "Turning on" or it just says "connection failed" straight away. I took it to Vodafone but they were pretty clueless and unhelpful.......maybe just a bad day?
    One of the main reasons I got this phone was for the internet so I'm getting pretty down about it. Could unlocking it have maybe messed with it somehow? Or is it because it is an Orange phone with a different sim? I was wondering if it was still trying to open the internet with an orange browser? I have no clue about technology so I'm pretty out of my depth here.
    Do you think it's a problem with the phone or the sim? I tried resetting the phone but its made no difference....except it no longer looks like my phone. Sorry if this has been posted else where or if I'm repeating myself or others but I could really do with other's thought and suggestions.
    Thanks!
    Terri

EDIT
    Phone details

1.) Model Number HTC DESIRE A8181
    .) Firmware Version ? 2.1
    3.) Baseband Version ? 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.29-3CB3DFBF
    5.) Build Number ? 1.15.61.10

Advertisement
  2. Terri89

No ideas?!

what about just getting another sim? how can I tell if it's the phone? and what do I do then?
    Any suggestions? I'm getting desperate!

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Can you make calls on the phone I assume its just the internet that's not working. Are you absolutely certain you have put the correct APN settings in.

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you know someone with a Vodafone sim, you can put it in your phone just to see if it works. I just got back from Amsterdam and didn't have any prblem connecting with an AT&T world plan. I had my phone set to auto detect networks.

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Moved to the HTC Desire forum

6. Terri89

Aha!
    Sorted it, I changed the settings to WCDMA only on the network settings and although it hadn't worked before, I've obviously got the combination right somewhere else and voi la! internet access restored! Let the app finding commence!