Any complaints for excessive data use ?

1. MiguelAMX

MiguelAMX Well-Known Member

The $60 plan has unlimited LTE. Has anyone had any complaints for excessive data use ? I was thinking of switching and using the unlimited plan as my replacement for my DSL.

Also how much data is everyone using on it ?

Advertisement
  2. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Not even Metro's unlimited can replace DSL or real innertubes.

You'll likely end up getting throttled.

And, you'd deserve to. Phone data usage isn't meant to replace Real home innertubes.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  3. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Bad idea is all I gotta say.
  4. jtw1216

jtw1216 Well-Known Member

At home, I use wifi. But when I'm out I use web a lot. I'm on unlimited, but don't go over 5mb per month very much. When I do go over I don't experience any throttling.
  5. Gman9831

You mean GB? Past posts have shown that some people start getting throttle in the 20GB range & after that. By tethering at my house I could get through that in like half a day
  6. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine was throttled after I got a text for being in the top five percent lol
  7. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

if your lucky and u live in area that has evdo/3g around 700kbps-1mbps thats truly unlimted but 4g will always be monitored. see the confusion with unlimited data always starts when people tether the only way to easily explain to you why it isnt going to work is to explain to you guys like this, when ya go to a all you can eat buffet yes you can eat all you guys want but if dosnt mean all you can take home.....same principle here its all you can use on your phone not all you can tether off it. hope that clears any confusion ;)
  8. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Not to mention (further using n4zty's analogy), at every AYCE buffet I've ever heard of, after your lebbinty nineteenth trip thru it, the management still has the right to and often Will Tell you, "THAT'S All YOU can eat". (Finish that plate and you're FINISHED.) :D

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  9. Diego1593

Diego1593 Well-Known Member

I had over 29 gigs of data on the unlimted 4G plan ($55) and never got throttle
  10. Gman9831

Someone even did like 60 without throttle but most people onlg get to in the 20's, why I said 20 & after that
  11. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

This is Bruce being nice. I'll refrain from voicing my opinion as Bruce has said it all. DONT STEAL! It hurts EVERYONE.
    alfick3 likes this.
  12. Joshuah22a

Joshuah22a Well-Known Member

i only broke 20 once... but thats because i have no wifi whatsoever at my home..wish i did..i average around 14-16 now..