• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any complaints? just about to buy

bonerp

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
UK
Hi
I have a Samsung note 3 and a Nexus 7 2013 but would also like something a little larger.
Having looked at the Note 10.1 2014, even though the spec is awesome, its not very nice...

But having seen the great reviews and had a quick play with the xperia z today in CPW, I really like this.
Spec is slightly down on the Note. Does this cause any real life problems? Does it lag at all?
Is it easy to integrate with TV using dlna for instance?
Please provide some feedback - critical and positives, for example would you buy it given a second chance over the current crop of android tabs?

thanks a lot

Paul

Love mine.

Screen is great sharp and colourful. I know the Tab Z hasn't got the very best chip set but I've never seen any lag.

It's thin, light and easier to hold weight wise than anybtablet I've ever used.

Browsing is great, movies look good and Sony have announced it will be supported through Android 4.4.

I have the LTE version and have found mobile signal and WiFi signal to be as strong as my other devices. I can stream movies from my bedroom over WiFi which has been a problem for other devices as the router is at the opposite corner of the house.

Sony's software is pretty none intrusive. You don't notice it as much as Sense or TouchWiz.

Negatives, not many. The ports can be a bit of a fiddle but they are not used too often and waterproofing may be a bigger bonus to you. Build quality is generally good and the tablet looks great but I can get a slight creak out of the back occasionally and also the back is a major finger print magnet.

I love this tablet and will probably keep it for at least a year - which is good for me!

Go buy one!

Reactions: ocnbrze and bonerp
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones