• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any converts from the iPhone?

[removed by mod]

Your original claims were totally false, otherwise you wouldn't have backtracked and changed your entire post. Notwithstanding the fact that your original claims were physically impossible.

I actually do know how to read that screenshot of yours, and the key stat is: "Display 2%" Which means that in this 89 hour period you were barely actually using the phone. If this is meant to be 'proof' of previous claims then where are these 'hours of surfing and games' that you had cited?

Like others have said, you've pretty much had the phone virtually on standby for three days. Your original claims were for three days with hours and hours of use, so don't come here making up a straw man argument to knock down and try to claim you've redeemed yourself.

Your posts are extremely disingenuous because you are leading people to believe that they should be able to get impossible usage figures out of their phones, which will obviously leave people frustrated. It's a pity because much of your other advice is good, but it was spoiled by wildly exaggerated claims.
agreed, i like my battery usage and how long it lasts, there is no need to exaggerate

Upvote 0
iphone is really a great phone. so much so that it has managed to involve itself in a discussion here daily. i am sure not only it has involved itself in a discussion here, it happens in other places on a regular basis too.

and we even have members flaming or debating over it! which phone other than the iphone can do this?

Upvote 0
As for the usage stats you obviously DONT know how to read them correctly as you are claiming the phone wasnt used for nearly half the time......That is incorrect!

Next time press the Android System bar and show us the stats!

Phone Idle does not equal the entire time spent on idle. It tells you how much battery life was consumed. You say:

The phone was idle for 39% of those 89 hours

This is an incorrect interpretation of the number shown. The number is the amount of battery that was used in the idle state not the time spent in idle. The two things are different. I would imagine that the phone does not constantly consume battery power whilst in the idle state.

You should also send a picture of the Display info as this will tell you how many hours the screen has been on for.

Currently my phone reads "1d 2h 20m 39s since last unplugged" with 30% battery left.

If I press the Android System bar it tells me an interesting statistic. 15% of the battery was drained by running applications. A total of 16 minutes CPU time. In the last 24 hours I have used my phone to make one call (less than 1 minute in duration) and send many texts (100 or so). That's it. No wifi, 3G etc etc etc.

If I press the Display bar it tells me that my screen has been on for 2hrs and 1 min. (Forum visitors should draw their own conclusions about this piece of illuminating (haha) data.
One can only wonder how long your screen had been on for during your 3+day period.

Your running applications (according to the screenshot) used 6% of the battery. This means that the remaining 94% was used up by processes other than running applications i.e: your phone was on standby/idle.

I will try and borrow a phone to take some pics to back up what I'm saying. In the meantime everyone else with a Desire can simply do what I did and check for themselves.

iEOMS.png

CNA2y.png

Upvote 0
I charge my phone up to 100% and it will stay at 100% for hours IF I dont use the phone!

My phone drops to 99% within five minutes of me taking it off charge regardless of whether I've got any widgets auto-updating or not.

I have even tested the phone with a blank sense and it only seems to take about 10 minutes to drop a % then.

I also don't believe you're getting 3+ days usage out of the phone, as that would exceed even HTC's factory tests if you're using it how you say you are!

Upvote 0
I baught every single Iphone except for the iphone 4, after a whilei sat there and seriously thought about why i was buying these new iphones when barely anything new was coming with them...Update from 2mp camera to 4 or something wooow awesome thanks apple, it was good marketing and i was one that fell for it...If people just took the time to sit there with the iphone in front of their face and truely think about twhat they are doing they would come to the conclusion that apple phones suck and apple know it and steve is sitting at his desk with a poster behind him that says -

"i do it for the lulz"

Actually one thing they had was the flow of the touch ui, but thats not the case anymore because other conpanies have stopped being lazy and implimented awesome touch ui such as htc and new samsung.

Over the past 3 years i have learnt something...I'm never buying apple or sony.

Ipad....hahahaha gimme a break

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones