• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any D2 user who came from the Droid X?

Chaznsc

Android Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2010
Hello,
I have had my Droid 2 for about a week now from Verizon. I initially compared the X and the 2 and went with the D2 because I felt the X's size was just too much.

After a week with the D2, I find it less than I hoped it would be. Its not a bad phone, and coming from Blackberry, its refreshing. That said, Im not 100% satisfied that I will like the phone for 2 years.

I was wondering if any of you D2r's had made the switch from the DX and what your thoughts are after doing so.

Thanks!!

chaz

Ok so I've went through just about every droid based phone from verizon. I had the incredible which had a lot of problems so I got verizon to give me an early upgrade and I got the DX. I liked it a lot the big screen is nice and it does have a lot of nice features but I had problems with it like random reboots during calls. It might have just been the phone but it scared me bc that's what my incredible was doing. So I returned it in my 30 day period and got the d2. I love the D2. The camera seems about the same and I like the keyboard. Also 2.2 is great even though the X is getting it. All in all I feel like the D2 is gonna be like the D1 a strong solid phone that continues to get updates, where as the DX was built to be flashy. That's just my opinion though.

Upvote 0
Aside from the screen size, camera, and HDMI out, the D2 and DX have very similar guts.

If you want the larger screen, purportedly better camera, and HDMI out, get the DX.

If you want the keyboard, smaller overall size, get the D2.

Both will be regularly updated w/new versions of Android, neither has a significantly different reliability level from what I've seen. Really a pick-em, depending on your needs.

I thought I wanted a DX until I spent more time in the store playing with one...now I think it's just a little too big for my purposes...might change my mind at some point, but for now I think the D2 has the best size/performance balance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones