Any decent Drawing/Paintings Apps for this pressure sensitive screen?Support

Last Updated: 2013-07-30 19:12:01
  1. DouglasEinar

DouglasEinar New Member

Hello -

I'm a professional artist and one of my primary interests in this phone was the Wacom technology in the S-pen with Pressures Sensitive Screen. I enjoy SMemo, but are there any more sophisticated art making programs which take advantage of this? I've looked at a few but none seem to respond to pressure sensitivity.

Thanks!

DEO

Advertisement
  2. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

Take it you played around with Zen Brush? Monochrome only unfortunately.
  3. spinaltapMD

spinaltapMD Member

was gonna say the same thing... haven't really found any that take full advantage of the S pen...
  4. snakeeyz

snakeeyz New Member

I'm certainly not a professional artist, FAR from it in fact, but SBM (Sketch Book Mobile) is pretty good.

Lots of features, and multi layers etc, BUT it doesnt recognise the pressure applied from the S-PEN unfortunately.
  5. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

Omnisketch is quite good fun - nice brushes but unfortunately it is very limited, no photo import for example.
  6. johnb41

johnb41 Well-Known Member

I am waiting patiently for Sketch Book Mobile to add pressure sensitivity. But I'm not holding my breath... seems like their updates are few and far between. Painting/drawing apps are just lacking on Android; there are just so many more and better ones on iOS. :(

But I do love the fluidity of the pencil mode on the S-Note app. I am finding I can do a nice sketch there, then export to gallery, and then import it into a layer in Sketchbook Mobile. Set the layer to "multiply" mode, and then you can do all the coloring in a layer under it.
  7. zanoni

zanoni New Member

I'm the developer for Doodledroid. My program supports pressure sensitivity. I haven't tested with the S-Pen, but I have had good feedback from people with S-Pen devices. Doodledroid is now FREE by the way. If you give it a try, let me know what you think!

You can check out some samples on www.Doodledroid.net

-Eric
  8. Dixi1801

Dixi1801 Well-Known Member

Autodesk Sketchbook is great imo, works well with my s-pen!
  9. donnha

donnha New Member

I know this is an old thread but I've made an app with really good pressure sensitive inking for the Note. It's called DoodleInk and it's on Google Play. More of a cartooning app than a generalized drawing app.