Any difference in getting the droid from bestbuy or verizon store?

Last Updated:

1. sunnymans1

sunnymans1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Seems too easy that best buy will give you an instant rebate on droid if you buy it through them. I'm on a family plan and adding a new line to it to get for 199. Verizon store VS Best Buy mobile?? Any difference?

P.S. I don't think the droid phone will sell out. The Verizon store rep told me I could prob come in anytime in the day and get one, they have over 100 in stock. And the Best Buy rep told me the same thing, they have 60 coming in and only about 15 are claimed for preorders. (same with other bestbuys in the area)

Advertisement
  2. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

The only reason I am buying from Best Buy is because of the instant rebate. I only have to come up with $200+ tax vs $300+ tax. I really would prefer to buy from the VZW store but I don't feel like waiting for the rebate.

3. diddiyo

diddiyo Well-Known Member

I'm buying at a verizon store because I'm switching carriers and I figured their staff can probably help me best.

4. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

Only matters if you want the instant rebate....AND you don't have a new every 2 promotion.

Best Buy will not honor your
    "New every 2" discount on your new phone, you have to go to a Verizon Store.

5. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

I'm switching carriers as well and had the same thought but the guy at BB that I talked to was really helpful actually and he knew his stuff. He told me to get a "temporary" number to try out Verizon and the phone and if I didn't like it then I could return it with 3 days and have no harm done. However I imagine most BBM people aren't like that and it would probably be best to go to the VZW store.

6. awesomefabulous

awesomefabulous Active Member

Wait, Best Buy can change your plan for you?!?!? As in, I was just going to add a line and let my other phone flounder and BB can do this for me? I thought only VZW stores could change your plan.

7. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

You don't have to go to any store to get your plan changed. You can change it any time yourself online in my "MyVerizon" account, or call in to cust service. just an fyi :)

8. awesomefabulous

awesomefabulous Active Member

Oh well my bad, I knew that, but I meant can BB do it at all, I used to just always do it online. I have a 6am appointment at a VZW store but that is a waste if I can preorder and change my line over at BB.

9. elucas730

elucas730 Active Member

Yes, Best Buy can do anything for you. Except take your NE2 discount.

10. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

or do annual upgrades

11. lg92928

lg92928 Active Member

so Verizon's rebate is like it usually is? It's a mail-in? I heard from someone that it would be an instant rebate for the droid (I don't know why for one phone and not others).

If that's the case I'll go to Best Buy. However, I was going to add a line for the $199 price, then switch my phone number to the droid, like I usually do when I want a new phone but my contract isn't up. Will BB be able to do that for me?

Thanks in advance

12. TogaLive

TogaLive Well-Known Member

I was about to say that, thanks for saving my fingers the work :) It really is a big thing also, smartphones get you up to $100 off as in my family members' case. I only get $25 for my old phone, but thats understandable, I wouldnt pay anyone 25 bucks for it lol

13. billspreston01

billspreston01 New Member

My local BB told me that they will match my price on the VZW site. So basically I just have to go up there and log into vzw and show them what the price would be through the checkout without checking out. Should be $99 per phone ( I have 2 lines eligible for 2 year contracts and NE2)

14. EyeOfYourMind84

EyeOfYourMind84 Member

Wait a second. I pre-ordered mine at BB and I am eligible for NE2. I asked the guy explicitly and he said it will cost the 199 (with the instant rebate).

How is this not accepting the NE2?

15. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

correct me if im wrong but the NE2 discount would give you an additional $100 the droid. so normally it would be $299 - $100 rebate. but since your getting it at best buy, they already give you the rebate right away so its $199. if you took advantage of the NE2 discount it would be $99 for a droid.

16. EyeOfYourMind84

EyeOfYourMind84 Member

So, should I go in and ask them if they match prices?

17. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

no offense, sounds like a pretty dumb question...

no, dont ask them anything and just throw $100 away..

dude of course ask them. your deposit is refundable, so the worst thing they can say is no. then u have them refund ur $50 and go down the verizon store, they arent going to run out of droids...

18. EyeOfYourMind84

EyeOfYourMind84 Member

Thanks for your... honesty...

I'm just asking, are there other people who are doing this? I remember last time I was up for my NE2 and I was getting a blackberry it ended up costing more because the 100 dollars came off of the actual price of the phone, not the phone for people opening a new contract.

Did they change the way they do discounts?

19. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I ordered on Verizon's Website. After online discount, New Every Two Discount, I get the phone for $149.99 I have my upgrade fee waived and Free overnight shipping. I can wait the extra couple of days. Worth the savings.

20. AdamDroid

AdamDroid Active Member

its only one day if its overnight

21. shotinthenads

shotinthenads Well-Known Member

I just ordered mine on Verizons web site and paid $199-instant rebate and activation fee waved. Next day delivery free. I am guessing that means Monday :-(

22. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Yes, Monday, I wish they allowed to you select Saturday Delivery, I could of waited and called an online rep and they could of had it shipped Saturday delivery, but I have to work all weekend so my time will be kept busy while I wait. Also it will allow me to learn some things about the phone from others before I get it.

23. AdamDroid

AdamDroid Active Member

why wouldnt it just ship on saturday?
    Are the reps available now?