ANY differences between Google I/O Evo and Lauch day Evo?

Last Updated:

1. Agent Jones

Agent Jones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was lucky enough to find an evo from the google i/o convention for 450 plus 20 bucks for overnight shipping on ebay. I had to pay full price any ways at BB or RS due to getting palm pre in december (I cant wait to destory this horrible hardware) so it will be cheaper than the 450 plus tax i would have paid on june 4th. however will there be any differences between this version and the ones that go on sale June 4th?

thanks
    ray

Advertisement
  2. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Only difference that i know of is that the one you got from the Google I/O is already activated on Sprint for a month of free service, after that you will have to activate it on your account I believe. The ones coming out on June 4th are not activated and will be at the RS/BB/ or which ever way some of the folks are getting it from.

TS

3. Agent Jones

cool thanks, and yes the seller told me its good til june 20th with free service and free hotspot. also the google ones came with a 2gb card filled with stuff in addtion to the standard 8gb card.

i just wanna make sure the ones on launch day wont have a new app or feature installed that will make me regret getting the google i/o one.

4. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Only real difference is you get yours sooner...

*jealous grumble*

:p

5. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

The only thing I've heard is that the video calling is not available yet. Not sure if that is an app you'll have to install later or if it is already on your phone and just not working now. Shouldn't be a big deal though.

6. Agent Jones

so the video dialing is expected to up and running on the launch day ones?

7. sjones302

sjones302 Active Member

can the evo's obtained from google i/o be activated on your own sprint account since the phone hasn't been officially released?

8. Agent Jones

yes it can. some people already have. but im gonna use the free 30 days til june 20th so i can have the hotspot and premium tv channels for free. also wont have to pay the extra 10 bucks for one month.

9. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

How did you get it for $450!? Every one I see on there now is like $600 or more! :eek:

10. Agent Jones

gotta be patient. there have been a couple going for 450-520. depends on if the person wants a quick sale or trying to make a bunch of money. i just saw one for for 480 shipped buy it now.