• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ANY differences between Google I/O Evo and Lauch day Evo?

Agent Jones

Android Enthusiast
Oct 9, 2009
I was lucky enough to find an evo from the google i/o convention for 450 plus 20 bucks for overnight shipping on ebay. I had to pay full price any ways at BB or RS due to getting palm pre in december (I cant wait to destory this horrible hardware) so it will be cheaper than the 450 plus tax i would have paid on june 4th. however will there be any differences between this version and the ones that go on sale June 4th?

thanks
ray

Only difference that i know of is that the one you got from the Google I/O is already activated on Sprint for a month of free service, after that you will have to activate it on your account I believe. The ones coming out on June 4th are not activated and will be at the RS/BB/ or which ever way some of the folks are getting it from.

TS

Upvote 0
cool thanks, and yes the seller told me its good til june 20th with free service and free hotspot. also the google ones came with a 2gb card filled with stuff in addtion to the standard 8gb card.

i just wanna make sure the ones on launch day wont have a new app or feature installed that will make me regret getting the google i/o one.

Upvote 0
can the evo's obtained from google i/o be activated on your own sprint account since the phone hasn't been officially released?

yes it can. some people already have. but im gonna use the free 30 days til june 20th so i can have the hotspot and premium tv channels for free. also wont have to pay the extra 10 bucks for one month.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones