Any diffrence between these two lauchers?

Last Updated:

1. Mikeyj831

Mikeyj831 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, just a few quick questions. I use ADW.Launcher and I really like it. I want to upgrade to the new 0.8.2 version but I don't know how to install it but doing adb push. If anyone can explain that I would be really grateful.

My second question is that ADW.Launcher is on the market and you can install it like any other app. I played around with it and it seams that their is no difference to doing adb push. But I don't have that version to compare. So is there a difference?

Thanks for you help guys
    MikeyJ

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Its the same. Just install the one from the market

3. Mikeyj831

Mikeyj831 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply, but can you please explain how to do the adb push, because its still a skill i would like to know.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you are on froyo adb push doesnt work correctly. Easiest way to get around that is reboot into recovery and do it from there.

adb push ADWLauncherxxxxx.apk /system/app/ADWLauncher.apk

5. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is good to know how to push an app (and use adb commands in general) but for practical purposes an app like ADW that is frequently updated is easier to deal with just grabbing new releases from the market (I update apps from the market while stuck in traffic).