Any Droid X'rs who came from Droid 2?

Last Updated:

1. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I have had my Droid 2 for about a week now from Verizon. I initially compared the X and the 2 and went with the D2 because I felt the X's size was just too much.

After a week with the D2, I find it less than I hoped it would be. Its not a bad phone, and coming from Blackberry, its refreshing. That said, Im not 100% satisfied that I will like the phone for 2 years.

I was wondering if any of you X'rs had made the switch from the D2 and what your thoughts are after doing so.

Thanks!!

chaz

Advertisement
  2. Dabitz

Dabitz Well-Known Member

Yes... I had the droid 2 for two weeks before I arranged an exchange for Droid X. I couldn't be any happier. The droid 2 was good, very good but I found it way too small for my fingers, and I found it annoying to have to pop the keyboard out when I wanted to type. Although you can type on the screen like the X, my fingers were not built for that. I also find the X to be faster and the camera is def better. Just my 2 cents. When I compare the 2 to the X now, the 2 feels like a girl phone, no pun intended.

By the way, I didn't want to return the 2 before I received the X and nobody knew what to do. Support placed a new order for me over the phone, then told me to return the 2 when I received the X. Later on, Internet dept called and said that could not be done and have two different accounts on one customer, in my case with a company discount. So they arranged the exchange with no hesitation. Before all this I went to the Verizon store and that was worse... they told me it could not be done. Problem arises in that the X takes two weeks to ship out.

3. Chemist Errant

Chemist Errant Active Member

I got the Droid 2 on launch day because it was my first smartphone and I wanted to see if I needed a physical keyboard or not. That, and I didn't want to wait for an X to be delivered.

The 2 is a very nice phone, but I never used the keyboard after learning swype, and the small screen was frustrating.

I switched to the X, and love it. It's not too big...if anything I could go for another 0.3" :cool:

4. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the comments, any more out there?

5. Dabitz

Dabitz Well-Known Member

Now with the 2.2 update, my X works even faster. I had noticed on the Droid 2 that my contacts page would freeze or take forever to open up once in a while. I have hundreds of Facebook friends. With the X its smooth, knock on wood.