Any else one using Helix?General

Last Updated:

1. arock

arock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering if any one else has tried this out yet? I've been using for a couple of days now and its kinda cool. Its kinda like a combo of some sense stuff and home stuff. Just curious if anyone has seen any problems with it that may have been running it for a while.

Advertisement
  2. dhbdhb2000

dhbdhb2000 New Member

Yeah I've been using Helix for a couple weeks. I like the Nexus look and I swapped out some icons with Bettercut, without any issues. I haven't encountered any problems at all with it.

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I can't pull myself away from Sense. If I had the Moto Droid, I'd be using Helix in a heartbeat.

4. Saltedpeanut

Saltedpeanut Active Member

I would be all over helix if I could use the htc widgets on it. Is there any way to do that?

5. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

i love helix.. seems as if theres less lag on the phone with it but it could just be me.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I can't find it in the market? Is it for cupcake?

7. yeahright

yeahright Well-Known Member

I decided to look it up and I'm a little confused. What are the "special featuers" aside from the cheetah wallpaper and the grid pull up for all apps slider i see no difference then regular android home screen.

Also would live wallpapers work for 2.1 leak v2 eris with no root (says helix can use that in the marketplace but i can't seem to figure it out).

Guess I'm just slow. Noticed the shortcut thing too which is pretty nifty. would still like to know if you can access live wallpapers on this with the eris though. I'd use it for good if i could get the N1 live wallpaper inside circuitry thing.

8. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

it just supports it for phones that already have it ... i guess some other home replacements do not support it so they feel the need to add that in.

9. yeahright

yeahright Well-Known Member

ah well thats a bummer. Thanks though, now i can stop messing with it and go back to Sense.

10. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Found it from reading another post. It's working great for me on 2.1 v.2. I stopped using Sense after switching to plain Home doubled battery life. Helix maintains battery life and adds the dock, which is the best part. Often accessed apps that are available on all the home screens is great. Plus it's free. I haven't had any fc issues. Glad it's available.

11. RocknSteve

RocknSteve Well-Known Member

I'm using it and I like it. The only issue I've had is sometimes when going "home", it has to reload itself. The sense-like shortcuts are still there but all the home icons, widgets, etc disappear for about 20 seconds. I'm thinking about trying another home replacement. I don't know. This is my first one I've tried.

12. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded Helix this morning, it's nice.

But, Bettercut doesn't seem to recognize my icon shortcuts. If I open Bettercut, and go to "edit shortcut", it doesn't show any shortcuts??????

Is there a trick to this?

13. powERIS

powERIS Member

I had the same problem. Launch "Home" and add the shortcuts to it that you want to edit with Bettercut. Then, go back to Helix and open Bettercut. They should be there.

Side note: I've changed some icons and they look great at first, but when I put them into the dock at the bottom, the icon looks distorted. Anyone else have this experience or know of a fix?

Side, side note: What are some good places to get icons? (Feel free to PM me a response if you think this doesn't belong in this thread)

eurotrash323 likes this.
  14. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll definitely give that a try.

I'm kinda liking Helix, I've actually gone down to one screen, :eek: with four shortcuts docked: SMS, Calender, Gmail, and Dolphin. The full screen tab is really clean and fast, it's just as fast as Home IMO.

I just wish one of these "homes" would allow you to delete apps out of the tab drawer.

15. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

I got all of my icons from google image search. Just put on what you want: internet icon, etc. and out will give you a long list to choose from.